Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off line Security alarm

• 10-04-2022 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I just bought a house with a Network security system installed. I called the company and was priced at 30 euro a month to get it going.

I have the code and it uses a Panda keypad.

is there a way to use it as a stand alone unmonitored system without a sub to Network security?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

I don't know anything about that system but back in the day of the Wisdom alarm they use to have to be sensors supplied by Network themselves to replace the sensors.

Not sure myself if that is still the case..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I have a HKC system and have the app downloaded for remote setting/unsetting etc. I have seen post where people get notifications on their phones if the alarm is activated. I dont seem to have that on my app, I get a call from the monitoring station. Is there any way to set up the notification, I have had a look in the settings and cannot see any way to do it.

Thanks in anticipation.

It depends on how it is set up.

Did you allow notifications to your phone from the app, also in the site setting are alarm events turned on so you receive them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Just had a look and in the app the "notify on alarms" box is ticked and in the "App Info" in the phone settings "Notifications" are allowed. nnot see anywhere else there could be somewhere to change something that would allow me to receive an alert. Sorry if I sound like a total luddite !!

I was going to say it maybe just a monitored setup but you would be getting message to contact your security provider if that's all that was set up and not be able to access the app.

If you have the ID and password, Id recommend deleting the app and set it up again and make sure to allow notifications.

• Advertisement
Advertisement