Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir broadband upgrade problems

Options
  • 11-04-2022 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I posted a while back about problems with Disney + ever since we got upgraded to gigabit broadband. I thought I had the problem solved, but it's only solved on the TV with the Disney app.

Disney on my two firesticks no longer works, and the Google Home Hub has to be asked twice to do anything, it glitches on the first ask every time.

Has anyone else experienced problems like this after the gigabit upgrade? I reset one of the firesticks to the factory settings and Disney plus still doesn't work on it. I also switched off IPv6 in order to solve the problem with the home hub ( a suggestion I found online) but that didn't work so I switched it on again. I wasn't keen on leaving it off anyway.

I might have to bin the firesticks as I'd been using them for the kids - but I thought I'd put the question up here in case anyone else has been similarly affected. I see Eir upgrading several of the houses around here - is our place the only one with this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

I fixed it. Just in case anyone else has this problem - the solution is to switch off IPv6.

Advertisement