Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Musicians for Country-Rock Group in South Dublin

Options
  • 11-04-2022 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Howdy!

I'm a near 29-year-old guitarist and singer (lead or backing) looking to start jamming with musicians intrigued by Nashville style country music (Dwight Yoakam, Brooks & Dunn, as well as Outlaw Country and Southern Rock). I'm originally a rock guitarist, so more than happy to mix this with classic rock music/rock and roll also. Definitely prefer the edgier side of Country than the jiving side (sorry Mr O'Donnell.)

Looking for players between 25-40 ideally, but not too pushed. I have a Fender Telecaster and Mustang II 40W, so more set up to jam to begin with the eye to play shows in the future. I'm based in Carrickmines and happy to travel within the South Dublin/North Wicklow area, I don't have a jam space as I'm in an apartment but can travel with my gear.

Bassist, guitarist, vocalist, and drummer all wanted. Really happy to be a 3 piece or a 5 piece, really just want to play and enjoy playing some music that people can boot, scoot and boogie to!

This playlist should give you an idea of the vibe some of the country stuff would go for: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0TwrKCVSLOafTrfD4IPNA7?si=f48f8d59e97f45da

I hope this gives you a rough idea, but let's get honky tonkin'! 🤠

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dranso

Hay this project sounds great I’d be very interested in chatting more about it I’m a drummer with experience in country and rock I’m very passionate about American country ( real country music) 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 4 agiusti.edael

Hi there, would you be interested in another guitar (lead etc) as well? I'm into Americana, country, blues and rock'n'roll. I also play bluegrass mandolin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 guitaristAKD

Hey there! I’m a big country player guitar I play vince Gill Brent mason shania Twain brooks and Dunn I have a lot of covers I can show I’m 27!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 benoreilly

Hi there

18 year old guitarist and bass player, love old school rock and rolls and blues especially zz top.

From the glenamuck area so only up the road from you by the sounds of it would like to at least discuss more in depth

Already have the cowboy boots!!

Post edited by benoreilly on

• Registered Users Posts: 49 G6120

Hi sounds interesting big country style fan ...playing guitar along time huge dwight fan defo interested johnny hyland merle haggard etc late 40s if to old i get it haha 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Okso7

Vocals here, not done much country before but like to have a go. Mid 40s in the Naas area can travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Grainne1997

Hi there, my name is Grainne and I'm 24 and based in south Dublin. I am primarily a trad musician, but I am looking to branch out into some new genres and I love country music! I play the saxophone (alto) and the flute (I also play the tin whistle if that might be of any interest, and I am always willing to try my hand at backing vocals!). Thanks very much!

Advertisement