Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with hot water

Options
  • 11-04-2022 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Recently I noticed my hot water is only lasting a few hours, I use my oil boiler to heat the water it used to stay hot all day the Stát is heating to 60 degrees and valve is working, would It be possible there is a leak in the coil inside the tank and suggestions thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

Is your water tank in the attic constantly topping uP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭John.G

Is the boiler programmed to heat the water for say 2 hours in the morning.

There may be a gate (red wheel) valve on the coil which is throttled in too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bmc17

It set for 1hr in the morning but by 1 or 2 it's only like warm with little use. It was working as normal with no changes to valves

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bmc17

Not sure I'd have to check

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭zg3409

Is heating on far less than it was in the winter? Often when room heating is on it also heats water. When water only is on it only heats water. So it may be heating water for far less time than before. Do you have electric immersion for heating water in summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭John.G

! hour may be far too short depending on cylinder volume and the cylinder coil output which may vary from 5kw to 15kw. For example if you heat a 200 litre cylinder from 25C to 60C then a 5kw coil will take 1.62hrs but a 15kw coil will only take around 35 minutes.

Check that the cylinder stat is set to 60C, also that the boiler stat is set to 65C or higher.

Change the programmed time to 2 hrs, after this time check that the motorized valve (zone valve) is closed which means that the cylinder has reached its set value and the cylinder stat is satisfied.

Post edited by John.G on

Advertisement