Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi's voice is totally shot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭flasher0030

• Registered Users Posts: 38,449 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They would still sell out the RDS here

Don't think id go see them again esp with JBJ voice sounding like that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Typo in the title. You've an 'o' in the last word where it should be an 'i'.

Not a band I'd much time for but have seen live in the past because reasons hand have been entertained by lol. Not even auto tune can help there with how he's delivering that song. There are a few bands I've seen videos of in recent years and singers suffering from maybe not warning up or singing through injury in the same way an athlete would night after night and suffering the consequences now. Guy from Mudvayne is one that immediately springs to mind and then you have guys that sound great still ... Mike Patton.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

I guess sucking Satan's cock in hell for 30 years will do that to a fella's voice, I mean, there's gotta be some kind of payback, right? I'm trying to imagine an alternative universe in which Bill Hicks, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon and Stevie Ray Vaughan are still alive and Jon Bon Jovi is dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭briany

Wouldn't be much of a Bon Jovi fan, but the rest of the band sound great. Yeah, pity about Jon, but the types of people who actually willingly attend Bon Jovi concerts aren't that analytical. If people will turn out to hear The Stone Roses where Ian Brown just sounds like some drunk guy who got out of the crowd and commandeered the mic, then Bon Jovi aren't going to be busted down to playing county fairs any time soon.

Yeah think Ian Brown gets away with it because the roses gigs are such a great experience. There's a tribute band called 'the clone roses' and the lead singer sounds way better than Brown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Doesn't get much worse than that. A Bon Jovi cover band would be booed off the stage if they sounded this bad.

With the dross they've been putting out for years (since New Jersey) it's not the love of Rock 'n' Roll that keeps him going, can't be money, so must be ego?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've a feeling that this thread could become legendary as the tour rolls on 😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Judging by that video, he might have something going on. Mentally I mean.

I don't think there's anything mentally wrong with him, his voice has been on a big downward spiral for a decade now and it's just got worse than its ever been.

A mix between not taking care of it, very poor and hectic tour schedule and, allegedly, not using a voice coach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

He had polyps a few years back and needed surgery and hasn’t been the same since. In saying that they done a recorded show during lockdown that was broadcast in drive trough cinemas and he sounded fine, and his voice the new album doesn’t seem have any obvious auto tune either.

Somethings gone wrong somewhere tho and I do wonder if anyones had a serious sit down with him! I’ve seen them 13 times and I’d make it 14 only to know it’ll prob be the last time. That’s if they even make it over here, this tour is only one leg and no more dates have been announced whereas normally leg 2 is announced by the time leg 1 starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It could be the money. Lots of artists don't mind their cash wisely, and especially those who first became famous before the 2000s have been used to seeing the money flow in from album sales and radio plays on a fairly regular basis. It was a gravy train that they were probably relying on for income.

Spotify pays out, but for old rockers it's not 3 mansions and a yacht levels of money.

There's a reason why we've seen so many older bands go on the road over the last 15 years, and why ticket prices have gone insane. ABBA reformed, for crying out loud. It's now the primary income source for these kinds of bands. Less than 1,000 artists get more than $1m from Spotify every year, and that's all heavily divided up between producers and copyright holders before it even gets to the artists.

Going on the road is hard work, but it's a good earner because there are less people skimming off the top.

Was never a huge Bon Jovi fan, but they had plenty of catchy tunes. Sad to see it gone so wrong for him. There's "my voice is shot, but I'm trying", but this is different, he's totally lost control, he sounds tone deaf. It's time for him to take a break and work on it, or come out and be honest and bring in another vocalist for touring. He can still be there, just not singing.

Richie will be back in the fold soon for a farewell tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

They're going to need a sign language interpreter & subtitles on the screen for the next tour.

Here's another peach from last night. I'm not a Bon Jovi fan so I dunno why his performance on this tour annoys me so much, but it does. He hasn't a note in his head anymore and he knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Crocodile Booze

Sounds like Vic Reeves doing the songs in the "club style" on Shooting Stars.

Advertisement