Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3% cashback querty

Options
  • 13-04-2022 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I drew down my mortgage in 2020 May and was given the 2%. As a first time buyer I was told if I kept to the terms of mortgage I would be given another 1% in 5 years if I kept to terms. Anyway Ive overpaid 10% to date of each payment and also paid another approximately 2.5% of the whole balance recently as an overpayment without informing the bank . Will this pass the test of the 1% free in 3 years? The reason I ask is Ive sent off to fix for 5 years after the initital 2 will be coming to an end in a month and I persume theres a cooling off period if they dont allow it and I might switch the mortgage to another provider as the fix hasnt happened. Id appreciate to find answer one way or another as the 1% is .2% discount off the rate if divided into the 5 years I planning on fixing for bringing to 2.8 and if the initital 2% is added it brings the rate to something like 2.55 which would be average. I suppose the danger is rates climb to 6%? Then I really am in trouble but hopefully this will not happen. Thanks

Comments

Advertisement