Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice for buying brand new car

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Having a option to read out text and respond on a car is silly. Really do people need it. I know I could do it on my car but I just couldn't be bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

It is particularly problematic when your latest love interest texts and your spouse is in the car with you..

A real safety concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭thebackbar

following on from this thread, Im looking to buy a new toyota corolla touring, would a dealer give me a price over the phone or would i be expected to go to their show room to get a price ? I've got a price from one dealer of 36k, however the toyota website shows the price starting at 31,400 im not sure if the pricing on the toyota website hasn't been updated for 2023 model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Traditionally you would always get the best price negotiating in person, however the way the car market is gone, any sort of discount is harder to get these days as demand for alot of new cars outstips supply. Regarding the dealer price v the website price. Make sure they are like for like trim levels from both, also website prices are not on the road prices and doesn't include metallic paint or delivery charged so that can add over 1k to the website price. BTW the Corolla is receiving a mid life update for 2023 so it's also most likely that there could be a price increase and the website price list hasn't been updated and the dealer was pricing the facelift model.

FYI, Suzuki are selling the Swace which is basically a Corolla Touring with just Suzuki badges, everything else is pretty much identical to the Corolla. Might be worth pricing one from a Suzuki dealer to see if you can get a better deal:

https://www.carsireland.ie/2998762

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Really. I think it's a great idea. It's a lot safer than a driver trying to text while driving and it's not like they have to do it while driving on the motorway they can do it when they are stopped at traffic lights or in busy traffic when it's not moving much.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement