Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murders of two gay men in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

What a pathetic sick fcuk he is. Also predator behaviour using the dating app to seek victims.

RIP to the victims.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What a vile POS, those poor men and their friends and family, good to see that at least the gardai seem to have put a tonne of effort into catching him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Light sentence for what he did.

He tried to kill one guy and blinded him in one eye. Then he manages to actually kill two more, incredible number of stabbings and beheading.

I don't get concurrent sentences. It's like a murderer who kills one person is equal to a murderer who kills 20. Also, how you kill someone does not seem to matter.

Also, he said he would continue killing if he had not been stopped. He has not been stopped, just paused.

Edit .. spelling

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I hope this evil vile excuse fir a human really does serve life in prison. Life shoild be life no ifs or buts. He killed two people and tried to kill a third so really he should be serving 2.5 life terms in prison. So never get out.

I hope he rots in his prison cell.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

They should've caught him after the first attack really.

Some of the details are horrifying but haven't been published by the media I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,899 ✭✭✭✭elperello

RIP

Condolences to the families and friends of the two men killed.

Best regards to the man injured.

Chilling to hear that the perpetrator told members of AGS that he would have killed again if not caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,816 ✭✭✭billyhead

Did he claim insanity?

"She sentenced Yousef Palani to the mandatory life sentence for both murders and imposed a 20-year sentence for the assault on Anthony Burke."

Does that not mean he will never be released?

Very small aside, any explanation why he had 250k in cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

He gave it a go predictably, said he was hearing voices and that kind of nonsense. Didn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

What's the story with the 250k cash they found at his house?

That's a strange addition to a horrible case.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

At one stage he said it was “voices in his head” making him do it but - no psychiatric report was provided -

in other words the cowardly, evil scumbag attempted to use the mental health excuse when no such issue arose.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,530 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What a sad case, and a vile piece of sh1t to do this.

All motivated by religion no doubt. He believed because they were gay they should die violently. And ironically looks like he was probably gay himself according to the media reports.

This case, and the Aisling Murphy one too, show that there are some real dangerous folk walking among us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Terrible human being. He should never be allowed out of prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,816 ✭✭✭billyhead

True. And I am not discriminatory but both foreigners that we accepted into this country.

F#ck let's hope he never sees the light of day again.

Any update on the large sum of money found in the murderer’s house?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Evil to the very core. The most barbaric murders in this country in a long time.

Of course the government will want to ignore or completely downplay the fact that headcases and radicals who despise our open, free and secular way of life are among those we are importing into this country.

We need much, much tighter control of immigration.

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

Apparently approximately 4% of people have anti social personality disorders such as psychopathy and sociopathy.

So everyone knows at least one person in their lives and has encountered a few in their life.

I've definitely known a few over the years.

Some of these people will be completely normal law abiding citizens. Others will be have histories of abusive and criminal behaviour.

I don't understand the motive in the Ashling Murphy case. Today's testimony shows him stalking another woman for a few kms so it looks like he set out to hurt someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭bigroad

Judging by the money he had would I ne right in thinking someone or some Gang was paying him to do x.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Ireland is going to drown under the "it'll be grand" mindset.

The amount of money that will be spent on this guy until he is released is ridiculous.

I honestly think a lot of people do not actually contribute much in Ireland, myself included, it's all corporate tax shenanigans and bad debt waiting to bust.

But, this kind of stuff is just the cherry on top of the ******* train wreck of this country.

It will be revealing to see if all of the leaders of the main mosques in Ireland come out and absolutely definitively condemn this murderer’s acts.

We will await their responses with interest -especially the like of Shake Halawa in Clonskeagh.

They need to make it very very clear as to their position on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭highpressisbest

The Sunday Times had an article a few weeks back that stated he was from a very devout family. So possibly a clash of cultures going on. It’s an uncomfortable reality that not all people coming to Ireland will share our values (if indeed we have any shared values now). This is an extreme example of course but should certainly mean that there is no room for complacency. But I expect the case to be soon forgotten as it was one that raised many troubling questions about the future direction of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭highpressisbest

Instead they give us laws to prevent us discussing these issues. It’s one solution to the problem I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The cash is probably being hid so they can stay in council housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I clicked on the thread expecting someone to eventually spout this predictable nonsense but I hadn’t expected it so quickly. It must be nice to have a go to group of people that can be blamed at will.

How so? What do you want to discuss? That you won't be able to?

Hate speech is also regularly directed at LGBTQ people.

• Advertisement

Advertisement