Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas powered Generator

Options
  • 13-04-2022 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Has anyone expereience with an LPG generator. Am trying to source one but they're like hen's teeth. The reason I'm going with gas is, my shoulder has been damaged and I don't have the power for a pull cord. Earlier posts from five years ago speak of Greengear, but they seem to have exited the scene. Their stuff is all over Calor's pages but a 404 error or someone has pulled this page comes up if you try to get further.

So, any ifo would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Can you clarify why you are interested in a gas powered generator? Not all gas generators will be electric start, many will have a pull cord for starting. There are both petrol and diesel generators available with electric start if needed, perhaps this might be an option? Also, many of the petrol generators can be converted to run on LPG if you need that option. What type of loads will you be running, for how long, and is noise a consideration in the location? Electric start has it's advantages, but require routine maintenance to ensure that they will start when needed. Nothing worse than having a standby generator with a flat battery when the lights go out.

Here is a 7kVA LPG generator with electric start which might be suitable for your needs?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Saladin Ane

Thanks for replying. My reason for a gas powered?

Well, I don't like the petrol/diesel smell and had heard that the lpg ones were quieter.

I eventually bought a petrol key start, Victor, 208cc, 3.5 KVA with a 15 Ltr tank. This is powerful enough for my needs.

And now hopefully get it converted to gas. According to youtube it's a fairly easy process. And costs are 50% down! If anyone has done something similar let me know.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I've had a limited amount of success converting a GX120 generator to run on LPG, but I'm not quite there yet - don't have the fuelmap complete and the carburettor/PCB need further improvements. Here's a vid of it running

http://37.187.225.62:8123/ul/VID_20220306_175421.mp4

Its easy enough to get an analogue LPG carburettor on ebay for these generators though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170876334508?epid=2241293075&hash=item27c905f1ac:g:8P0AAOSwspZiRcZ9

Hover to zoom

This is what I went with eventually. Under 30 stg.

• Advertisement
Advertisement