Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2022

Options
  • 14-04-2022 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Here’s the draw

Mark Selby (1) v Jamie Jones

Yan Bingtao (16) v Chris Wakelin

Barry Hawkins (9) v Jackson Page

Mark Williams (8) v Michael White

Kyren Wilson (5) v Ding Junhui

Stuart Bingham (12) v Lyu Haotian

Anthony McGill (13) v Liam Highfield

Judd Trump (4) v Hossein Vafaei

Neil Robertson (3) v Ashley Hugill

Jack Lisowski (14) v Matthew Stevens

Luca Brecel (11) v Noppon Saengkham

John Higgins (6) v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

Zhao Xintong (7) v Jamie Clarke

Shaun Murphy (10) v Stephen Maguire

Mark Allen (15) v Scott Donaldson

Ronnie O’Sullivan (2) v David Gilbert

A couple of standouts there !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Well done on starting this thread....always a great time of year.

Its not a May Bank holiday without the snooker on of a Monday.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Murphy v Maguire should be entertaining, no love lost there!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Relatively tough draws for Trump and O'Sullivan. (Tougher for Gilbert and vafaei of course!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Schedule for the first few days. ** = final session.

Saturday. Morning Selby v Jones, Zhao v Clarke. Afternoon Ronnie v Gilbert, Hawkins v Page. Evening Selby v Jones **, Murphy v Maguire

Sunday. Morning. Zhao v Clarke **, McGill v Highfield. Afternoon Ronnie v Gilbert **, Williams v White. Evening Hawkins v Page **, Murphy v Maguire **

Monday. Morning. McGill v Highfield **, Allen v Donaldson. Afternoon Williams v White **, Robertson v Hugill. Evening Allen v Donaldson **, Bingham v Lyu

Tuesday. Morning. Robertson v Hugill **, Yan v Wakelin. Afternoon Bingham v Lyu **, Higgins v Thep. Evening Yan v Wakelin **, Lisowski v Stevens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Any idea what table each of the matches is on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

If you look at the opening post, the first 8 matches (From Selby down to Trump) will all be on table 1, and the other 8 matches will be table 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Table 1 being to the right as tv looks at it, table 2 is on the left. Defending champ always plays on the right hand table.

Not making it again this year, hopefully back next year. Hotels around were much more expensive this year. Usually they'd be quite reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Ronnie vs Gilbert is a potential banana skin alright, so is Trump vs Vafaei...although you'd have to feel for Vafaei getting such a tough match for his first crucible outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Even though he's been struggling you'd have to imagine Wilson will be concerned going up against Ding in R1. Higgins v Thepchaiya could be a cracker. Also looking forward to seeing how the debutants do, Xintong in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭B2021M

You'd definitely give Vafaei a chance.... although he made hard enough work of the final qualifier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I can't see any cases where i actually fancy the qualifier against the seed, but I know there are always a few upsets every year.

Vafaei is a charming guy. I don't fancy him against Trump, but there are always a few upsets. Nothing against trump but I can't help supporting HV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

For anybody who has been to the crucible, does the headset you can buy to listen to the commentary work for all sessions? Or do they make you buy one for each day (like the ref link at rugby matches)?

And how much are they? Do you need to pay cash for one or do they take card payment?

the headset works for all sessions. Indeed I think the headset is meant to work for the season so if you had one from the Crucible you could take it to the NI open in Belfast or the UK in York.

But they are cheap disposable Chinese transistors so they have a limited shelf life.

Ropey start for Selby. Not rating his chances much this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

This is a big frame I feel in the Gilbert v O'Sullivan match. 3-0 or 2-1, plus it may affect both players confidence, in a good or bad way going forward.

Edit: And it's Gilbert 3-0 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Gilbert always looks fragile when playing these big matches, even at 3-0 up I was worried for him.

6 Welsh players in the 32. At least snooker is still thriving in the Valleys.

Would've been a beautiful clearance by Jamie Jones if he had of taken a little care with the cue ball from green to brown.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Trump has been so up and down this season, I can see him beaten. Or winning 10-1. Neither would surprise me.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Selby Jones just got interesting 8-6

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Some break by Selby

Could be a late enough night yet for Selby, day 1.

Zhao looking deadly in round one. But it's early doors and the long matches will sort the men fron the boys.

I heard Dave Hendon say that John Virgo and Dennis will be back next year for the BBC after all. I agree there is a place for their commentary, and Eurosport provides a choice if you can't stand them. I think they could have a few more years left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Shaun Murphy commentating yesterday morning AND this morning between his sessions v Maguire is begging for trouble. This is Murphy's arrogance on full display. He deserves to be more than 6-3 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Ronnie made a rude gesture to himself after missing a black off the spot there. Wonder will the boys upstairs give him a warning. Ref didn't see it . I only saw it on replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

4 flukes in one frame there earlier by Maguire. I suppose it's better for Murphy they all came in the one frame.

I fancy Murphy to take this match although he's currently 1 behind.

Murphy v Maguire match of the first round. A right old battle tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Murphy hits his little finger off the pink, foul.. Dale :” hits the pink with his pinky “. This frame is bonkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Maguire had some woeful luck in that frame too, despite the flukes. Could be here til midnight with this match, both players making lots of mistakes.

Advertisement