Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mrunsure

Who would you recommend? They had Reanne Evans last year but she was exceptionally poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Plenty of unexpected missies from both now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Rubbish by Higgins, got nowhere near to getting the white back to baulk but O’Sullivan misses the non too difficult red…. Higgins favourite for the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

There's no need for any females on commentary or punditry. I'm sick of all this forced representation. I don't know who they are, so why would I care what they have to say? And ya, Mark Allen's ex last year was awful. It caused a little bit of trouble as well, though Mark was childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

• Advertisement

Why is anyone surprised here in the BBC studio? Ronnie has needed double figures of chances to win frames. He was especially awful against Maguire. The difference is, Higgins will mop up those missed chances. Although John has needed several chances as well tonight.

I'm so surprised that plant was missed. I agree with the commentators, it looked unmissable.

Should be 2-1 now. Higgins distracted by someone in the audience. Might have been the same person that was asked to keep still earlier by the referee, same area.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Seems it’s too much effort for people to remain still, easy and stfu…

3-0 to Higgins, been decisive, accurate, attacking and clinical.

O'Sullivan not right mentally ATM.needs to hold on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

This is it in a nutshell...Gilbert, Allen and Maguire were given plenty of chances by Ronnie but none of them were capable of punishing him, they didn't offer any resistance what so ever, this is his first real test, he simply cant give up the same chances to Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,719 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Some clearance by Ronnie in that 4th frame. It was a horrible table made light work of it.

I got the impression Ronnie played angry/determined after making a mess of the previous frame.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,719 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I still think fatigue will be Higgins downfall needs a big lead to have a chance v Ronnie IMO.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

The Rocket has taken off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Absolutely exquisite from the Rocket, for 3-3. He's starting to motor!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Wrests back the initiative and then produces that break off....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Higgins with a chance to quickly nip that in the bud ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Total giveaway with that safety off the pink

Good steal by Higgins. Very sloppy by Ronnie trying to put the pink safe and getting a snooker behind the black. He got neither. And Higgins gained the upper hand on the next shot.

Murphy sticking the boot in twice now bout Ronnie's chalk

Murphy doesn't like him but covers it up well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Murphy's had a few pops at Ronnie's choice if chalk... clearly not a fan! In fairness, I've noticed the balls being cleaned more in this match than any other I've watched in the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

Higgins will romp this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

O Sullivan can think himself unlucky tbh, it should of been 5-3 he was very unlucky not to finish on that blue and had he done it was frame over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Can't beat a good long snooker match

I always thought that was daft carry on following them into the dressing room with the cam

Like what's the need

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

Sure I'll be watching it but I won't be hanging off your post unless you want to back up your statement to make it a bit more meaningful

Anyone can post random predictions

Nelson's pillar will get blown up tomorrow

Wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I got an IPTV stick just recently and have started watching Eurosport instead of BBC. You always know the snooker will be on and live on Eurosport but BBC the coverage is patchy and it's not even always live.

• Advertisement

I have found BBC coverage good this year tbh

Once you have the bbc4 and RB and can switch

I wouldn't be gone on the ads on Eurosport , dunno what they're like during world championship

Advertisement