Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I think I need to jump ship to Eurosport lads, can't stand seeing Shaun Murphy's smug face at every interval.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Privileged Tory faux Christian, he's certainly not one of mine 😉

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

That’s a bit much. By all accounts he’s a decent skin. He played in Celbridge for a long time and some of my mates got to know him well, never had a bad word to say about him. Thoroughly nice fella. Good craic on the gargle.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 25,332 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Really scrappy from Matthew.. hasn’t settled yet but he’s had a bit of bad luck in addition to some good stuff from Lesowski

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Flying over tomorrow afternoon for two sessions Thursday (Williams v Page & Zhao v Maguire) and one Friday (Ronnie v Allen).

Cant wait, been a long three years with no Crucible visits. 🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Good set of matches there. I've missed the Crucible myself. Hopefully next year, and may get to York before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I really don’t get the dislike for him. He seems like a nice guy. And I know somebody who is friends with him and doesn’t have a bad word to say about him.

I went over to Sheffield for four sessions over the weekend, first time there and loved every minute of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭waynescales1

This is dire, dire stuff from Matthew Stevens.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Yan making heavy weather of this

• Advertisement

Matthew just not playing well enough.

Certainly what’s gone down reflective of the 41 places between them in the rankings…

Lisowski hasn’t been great and as I type misses a simple blue by miles… quality hasn’t been great.

And he knocks in a 108 clearance…

Don't think Matthew Stevens was ever expecting to do much at the Crucible at this stage. It is an easy enough draw for Lisowski compared to someone like Jackson Page or Scott Donaldson. These guys like Ken or Fergal, or even Hendry with his pipe dream, are happy to make one last respectable hurrah on the Crucible stage.

Higgins has switched it on big time.

they/them/theirs

Wish Eurosport would employ a new director… balls haven’t stopped moving on the table after a shot is played and they cutaway to a closeup on the other player sat in his seat eagerly watching for the outcome. We’d like to watch for the outcome too but we can’t see. Then these super wide angles for the break ? Why, you can’t see the table or balls, what benefit?

Plus the cameraman 'hedging his bets' regards which of the possible (usually 2) reds - if they're in close proximity - the player is going for (is it red to middle, or the one to baulk) , when it's fairly obvious to those watching which one he's taking on.. Or, if it's just the one red on, and cameraman aint sure which bag it's destined for 🤣

but the 'panning to the guy in the seat when the balls are still moving' is much worse,, We don't need to see John Higgins' mush when the positional aspect of the shot is not a given,,

been going on for years tho, and not likely to stop any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Fairly sure BBC is the host broadcaster so it's on them.

But agree its frequently terrible - a bug bear of mine is where they do a close-up of a ball going into a pocket when the only really relevant part of the shot is where the white is going to track afterwards.

Matthew Stevens giving a good account of himself today. It's a best of 7 for Lisowski.

That’s actually BBC’s fault. They control the feed. I agree it’s incredibly annoying.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Vafaei not at the races at all, Trump not playing overly well himself but Vafaei looks lost.

• Advertisement

Trump all over Vafaei… taking a 3-0 lead with a 114 break…

Vafaei has had his chances but unable to convert. Looks nervy.

Yeah Vafaei never seems to relax always on edge. And then is always chasing position invariably breaking down. Always comes across to me like a player who would be ‘great in practice’. Trump will win this match pulling up.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Cutting away from live action to show a replay, before the full shot outcome has been shown, should be a sackable offence for a TV director, or whoever is responsible, at the first time of asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Vafaei takes 3 in a row.

All square

Lisowski in an absolute hoop here…

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Great break by Ding to go 7-6 up.

Bit weird that Ronnie is doing punditry while still in the tournament.

Wilson nearly got a century, back to 7-7, could get a final frame decider here.

• Advertisement

Fella with a Louth top in the front row, thought jerseys were banned.

Edit: It's a Wales top.

Advertisement