Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Buxus beyond repair?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If you over watered then don't over fertilise as well.

You can prune box back quite hard so give that a go first taking out all of the bits that have died back any any still live bits as necessary to give it what best shape you can.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Could it be box blight? I’m far from an expert and don’t really know much about buxus but its blight is very common here due to our damp weather. I Could be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Thanks everyone- it certainly does look like buxus blight. Another good tip I got for watering was eto do it gradually- allowing the water to be absorbed before adding more. Interesting too to avoid buxus blight water only at base and not the leaves. Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭westsidestory

All plant extremes drying/ dying off would lead me to think the plant was not getting enough water in that small pot. Any plant under drought stress will be more vulnerable to disease also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Sparkyahaon

Yes I think it's blight. I used provanto fungus fighter plus to bring mine back to life. Tried loads of other feeds and fertiliser first to no avail. Provanto is amazing. Sprayed once then waited 3 weeks to spray again. Brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Did you use ready to use or concentrate? Never used it but sounds promising.

Advertisement