Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So "X" - nothing to see here. Elon's in control - Part XXX **Threadbans in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mr_Jacko

This title is misleading, he hasn't bought anything yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Only a woman’s silence it would seem.

With Tesla stock spiralling downwards, I can’t see this going ahead.

At rate the Tesla stock are going, it's facing a 50% drop from a high of 1200usd in January. They've also been lobbed off the S&P index. A sex scandal is just gonna hit them harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Had a nightmare there the other day as regards getting booted from a social platform.

Even though I experienced a crushing of 'muh free speech' I still maintain that twitter have no responsibility for free-speech, and couldn't give a donkeys who owns it, give it to the Donald, give it to Corbyn, not a solitary shyte given.

I believe in both free speech and also of the right of organizations to boot or deny who they want from a platform (as long as its in line with national laws regarding protected status). My issue was always with how parts of the online public just woke up one morning and arbitrarily decided that twitter was now the 'neW t owN squAre' and that laws had to be changed because they got booted due to the inevitable arguments and moderator bias that happens on social media.

However, all that rant aside, I can now see very clearly just how frustrating it can be when a moderator with an opposing political view decides to turn the system on you, brand you as all sorts and leave you with no fair recourse.

And the most sinister and frustrating of all - when sites use fingerprinting, hidden cookies, ip tracking and device numbers to wipe out your alternative means of access - having tracked your use across devices. Facebook do this (I stopped FB long ago), a certain site which shall go unmentioned also uses some of these tricks, google do it of course, and oh you better believe reddit tracks you like a mofo, reddit can identify me by scent, and I wash (sometimes).

There are legit topics which need to be discussed, but due to the connection between money and keeping your site politically correct for maximum advertiser revenue these topics get shut down instantly. Its all just money, of course. The site owners don't hold those smiley all inclusive political views, the site owners in some instances probably hold quite the opposite views to the projected friendliness. They'd get kicked from their own sites if they didn't know better and to keep their hypocrisy hidden.

Anyway, good luck to Mr Musk, I know little about him and care less. May he have full Dr Evil control over twitter as the law allows.

Also good luck to Mr Dorsey, I always supported his right to be as biased as he apparently was with his site. And still do.

What was the question again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,178 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

@85603 What was the question again.

What colour is this dress?

The woman's silence seems to have been for sale if he bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Not much of an advocate for free speech is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

These are genuinely the two most stupid posts I have ever seen on this website. They are so unspeakably idiotic I can’t put it into words.

Typical Hyperbolic exaggeration.

Out of millions of posts these are two of the most stupid.

How can you live a life completely absent of any moral compass

Dont lecture me on morality.

Actions speak louder than words, I behave morally unlike virtue signalling hypocrites.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Musk seems to be their new figure of Hate, they are crawling out of the woodwork.

I dunno. If someone is willing to remain quiet about something you would prefer they didn't say, if they get enough money, then paying them an agreed amount isn't anything to do with free speech. It's a transaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Not “two of,” they are “the two” most stupid posts on this website, out of millions of posts. There are no two posts on this site more stupid than those two posts. They are so so stupid.

As for the comment about virtue signalling, it doesn’t really apply to criticising people who whip their knobs out at strangers. I know you think it’s alright because he paid her off with less than an hour of his salary but the rest of us are perfectly entitled to slag him off for it safe in the knowledge that we’re not hypocrites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭Cordell

How much of Musk’s time do you think this woman’s dignity is worth?

She sold her dignity for exactly the time required to earn 250K after tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Interesting to see Muskites still cheer on their hero.

If 250k is enough to sweep away exposing yourself, I wonder whats the going rate for covering up other crimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

She took the money though. Rather than reporting it at the time. She saw his penis and accepted a quarter million dollars for the "trauma".

Peculiar it has become an issue again. Maybe someone is in her ear.

Eh, all you guys seem to have ignored that Musk also limited her career progression as a result of the incident.

In relation to such incidents and not going to the police, starting an individual sexual harassment case against one of the richest people in the world is something she would not be likely to succeed in, it'd likely damage her more.

I'm being reminded distinctly of how certain posters used attack certain victims of Harvey Weinstein over the years cause they didn't meet their criteria of victim. Clearly there's a fair few posters that view exposing themselves to employees as okay....

It was her friend who leaked it. The person in question was happy with the 250k until someone got in her ear

If not then why go to the media and not the police!

To look for more money .And the timing

Nobody is buying into the fake moral outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You can be damn sure that lot would be singing a different “tune” if the dude with his flute out was black, or an Arab.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lol. Quick! Accuse "people" of racism for "absolutely" no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ah now, D, I, most certainly, wouldn’t accuse you of racism, on here, because, we both know, that you can never be racist. No matter what you say, or do.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Wasn't it Harvey Weinstein once known as " the most powerful man in Hollywood " who personally donated over 750k of his own cash to democrat politicians and was one of if not the largest fundraiser for the democratic party.

He was most definitely "on the left". Bill Clinton would be another example. A regular visitor to Epstein island.

And wasn't he known for blackballing actors and paying lots them off too? Plenty of victims of his never reported cause it was unlikely to get a conviction, I'm not planning to leap to the defense of him but you guys are pretty happy to attack this woman... Apologism for harassment always seems to be popular among a certain group of posters.

Andrew Cuomo would be another one.

I just hope that those who are morally outraged regarding the alleged behaviour of Musk were just as vocal and displayed the same level of distain when those mentioned above were accused and proven of worse. Its not just political is it? Surely not.

The irony

Exactly my point. There are people who will defend or minimise the actions of those on their side, but if the accused was on the other side they'd be completely condemning them.

Say for example Epstein. There are those who do their best to bring up the Clinton's links to Epstein, while ignoring not just videos of Trump hanging out with Epstein looking at women, but also the actual lawsuit which was brought against Trump by a woman who, while underage and working for Epstein, says Trump assaulted/raped her.

But here's the thing; whatever side they're on should be irrelevant. If there's evidence against Trump, he should be prosecuted. If there's evidence against Clinton, he should be prosecuted. Both should be condemned for their actions. Both should be held accountable for their actions.

But now with Musk being accused of sexual improprieties and given that he says he's now a Republican, there are people here saying it's happening because he's now a Republican or just downplaying the accusations as "Well she took the money". His political affiliation should be irrelevant. If he was a Democrat, he should still be called out for his actions.

Pretty sure I and others have had posts about how Cuomo was a creep and wished him good riddance. Equally I've called out posters who downplayed Weinstein's actions, ironically enough one of them was a Trump supporter.

So, just to clarify, do you think it was okay for Musk to expose himself to an employee?

I would say in general Musk was if not liked then admired by many for his ambition and as a driver of innovation but recently since he has become more vocal and has chosen to be "on the side of the right" suddenly he is detested by those on the left.

It would be exactly the same if the other way around too. There is no going back either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

No they haven't. They were knocked out of the esg index which is basically how ethical or socially responsible the company is... They knocked off tesla yet there's oil companies on it 🤣

I know you wouldn't accuse me of racism Emmet. Because it would be wrong and it would also earn you an infraction.

You are best sticking to throwing out vague (but also pointed) insinuations or racism against people you disagree with, even when it's not even remotely connected to the topic.

"People here are defending Elon musk? If he was black, they'd hate him"

Ridiculous and baseless. Also casts the idea that if you defend Elon musk you are "with the racists". Not really good faith posting Emmet. You also forgot to throw in your incorrect usage of quotation marks.

#bekind

Question is; even if they weren't as vocal about condemning Cuomo.... were they defending him? Were they saying "Well those women stayed working there so it's obviously not a big deal"? Were they saying "Those women are only coming forward now when Cuomo is becoming more popular and coming up for re-election"?

Actively defending someone requires a higher level of planting your flag than simply not commenting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Elon can't go through with the deal now. I wouldn't either. The market has tanked even further since he agreed the price.

I saw miggeldy on about musk again on Friday, complaining about "concentration of power" or something along those lines? Yet he never made a comment about the same thing in Ireland. For example all the contracts handed out during covid to the big **** companies. That de gascun lad got millions for testing. This country is ruled by a tiny number of people all intertwined with each other and their contacts who get all the big money.

Advertisement