Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC build

Options
  • 15-04-2022 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

So I am currently living in Australia but planning on moving home to Ireland soon. I have been dealing with laptops for years due to space and not really PC gaming..

When I get back to Ireland I plan on building/buying a pretty good setup, not talking top of the line blow the bank stuff but decent.. at this moment in time I'm looking to play some driving Sims with a wheel setup, get some GTA5 on the go, some light FPS.. nothing too hectic.

I'm wondering where do people usually buy hardware in Ireland? Or do people buy elsewhere in Europe and ship to Ireland? I'm guessing brexit has changed a lot of these options as previous searches were older posts and pointed out UK sites, I'm guessing no longer relevant.

My plan is to do some searches on what I'm looking to build and figure out if I'm better off buy in Ireland/Europe and build in Ireland or should I buy and build here and pay for the shipping from here.. I am shipping other items so not just the PC.

Thanks guys, hard to know where to look when I've been away so long!

I'll also welcome some advise on what I could look into buying. Pre build vs diy build, what GPU etc.. looking to go for Ryzen 5 or 7 depending on price.

Thanks guys

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭blackbullet

1 gpu shortage is shocking now i got lenovo ryzen 5 600g pc for xmas it cost 630 in argos now 460 at the moment you dont need to worry aboiut graphics card issue its built in already ryzen 5 600g, its a radeon graphics card and 16gb of ram and most importtant windows 11 upgrades all in one its so silent when in use and 65 wats i only use it blender renders bes t of luck with you build or purchase hope it works out for you.

Advertisement