Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH without contract?

Options
  • 15-04-2022 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

My contract with Eir is finishing the 22/04/22, I have FTTH, I use my own gateway.... it was suppose to go to 85.98 per month after the contract (which is really a lot) but they decided to change to "Standard price thereafter - €93.97 (Inc. VAT)" -- can they even do that? I mean I still have the original email mentioning 85.98€.

anyway I'm leaving Ireland permanently in July, anyone is aware of a ISP that don't required a contract? I don't think that possible in ireland but just checking....

-- I don't need a gateway, the FTTH is already setup, I have a ONT....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

New provider new contract.

What about staying with eir, rolling monthly contract and drop down to a lower price package for the few months?

Can you get SIRO? Blacknight are the only ones with a < 12 month contract (6 months) but they're monthly rate is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lowrisk

No I don't have siro, I'll try to call them and see if I can reduce from 1000Mbps/100Mbps to 500 or less but I'm worried that they put me on a new contract. anyway I'll call and will report here

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lowrisk

Ok, I called Eir, even if I downgrade they would set a new contract, so I basically had to cancel my subscription -- I guess I'll be stuck with 4G for work :(

Advertisement