Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong Phone Delivered

Options
  • 15-04-2022 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Has anyone ever ordered a handset from a provider as part of an upgrade and had the wrong handset delivered?

I upgraded with Vodafone this week and payed out for a Samsung Galaxy S22. They delivered today a Galaxy A22. They're being very difficult in resolving the issue. Customer Care giving me contradictory information.

Last correspondence was they asked me fill out a complaint form.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm assuming that you have ordered online as it was delivered. You have a 14 day cooling off period for online purchases. Even if it was the correct phone, then you can return it within 14 days for a full refund

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Laid Back Bill

Ordered and payed for the S22 online, yes. They delivered an A22. I literally just want what I ordered - but they're being difficult in resolving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Aren't they vastly different phones? How long has this been dragging on, OP? If they're being difficult, just cancel and move to a different provider, you'll probably get the phone cheaper as a new customer elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I don't know what to tell you. Legally you can return the phone. You might have to spend time onto customer support but they will rectify the issue

Yep. I ordered a top tier device and got a bargain basement device. Only going on since today. Lots of back and forth. The renewal deal I got from them is actually cheaper than elsewhere. It's the only thing keeping me with them right now. After filling out a complaint form, apparently I'll be contacted by a manager within 24 hours to resolve.

• Advertisement

Returning the A22 was discussed, but they refused to send me a formal note / letter / anything confirming they'd send out the S22, so I've held on to it until a manager clearly defines the steps to resolve the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,778 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Make sure you do not open it. Might have been a genuine mistake, the IMEI number on the boxes will tell them it was shipped from them, likely some lucky punter got yours in error which they will need to chase. Don't accept an opened phone in return, their mistake, their problem.

Ya I've kept it in the wrapper and given them the IMEI no. They got a little more proactive when I gave them that. Good point on not receiving an opened package. Hadn't thought about that. Will check on delivery. Thanks.

Advertisement