Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYE Employee- Pension AVC query

• 15-04-2022 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Each year one can make a retrospective payment into one's pension for the previous year, up to a certain deadline (oct 31 i think, and slightly longer if you pay to your pension provider on line).

My query is, what is the deadline after the above, to get a refund of the tax portion of the AVC, from the revenue commissioners?

Appreciate your guidance on this,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Those are the Revenue deadlines.

They are not pension company deadlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mjkmurty

ok, but this is my question:

My query is, what is the deadline after the above, to get a refund of the tax portion of the AVC, from the revenue commissioners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, I'm not sure what kind of 'deadline' you're talking about. Are you asking if there is a deadline (time limit) before which you must be paid the refund i.e. if you submit the return for 2021 on May 1st next, is there a deadline by which the refund must be paid? Or, are you asking if there is a deadline after which it will be too late to submit the return for 2021?

The answer to the first question is that you submit the return and they will process it. Is there a deadline by which they have to process it and pay you the refund? I don't think so.

Here's the answer to the second question....

Time limits

Income Tax Return submissions must be made within four years after the end of the tax year to which the return relates. From January 2022, you can submit an Income Tax Return for the years 2018-2021.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/end-of-year-process/income-tax-return.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Example, for 2021 you need to pay AVC and claim from revenue by Oct 31 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mjkmurty

It’s the second question. thanks for your response, much appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement