Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changed out C32 MCB - oven/hob not working

Options
  • 16-04-2022 2:42pm

A C32 MCB went last night. Couldn't find a C32, so went with a B32 MCB. Options were not as good as normal due to the Saturday it is.

The other MCBs are C curve. But, it is a domestic requirement, lights oven/hob so thought a B32 amp would suffice.

When I put in the B32 MCB everything is working except the oven/Hob. Tomorrow being Easter it would be good to fix.

What's likely the problem? Has the Oven and hob (separate appliances). I did change the oven switch as I had one, didn't think it was going to be it. It wasn't...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JL spark

I think your not going to get answers here , other than , you shouldn’t be at a fuseboard and could land yourself in trouble quick ,

Yeah. Just read the forum... can be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hypothetically, if somebody was to replace a B with a C - it's just the difference of the angle of the dangle in terms of response.

Did it cause your oven/hob to fail? - no.

Best go look for the reason why the breaker tripped. That'll be the reason why the oven/hob is no longer playing jazz.

Sorted. Can be closed. Reason was idioticly simple as in switch not turned on.

Advertisement