Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Tyrrelstown Demolished

• 16-04-2022 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all, just found out the Lidl in Tyrrelstown is closing today at 6pm till November 2022. Never knew it was going to be demolished and a new one will replace it like in Blakestown apparently. Did they get planning permission for it? Nothing on Fingal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Glossy1

All the Lidl stores in the country is getting upgraded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It would be implausible that they would proceed without planning

All first gen stores are being replaced, as mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 palmtrees01

Searched it up and got nothing. I’m obviously for the renovation. Just trying to get more info on it

Any idea where i can get info certain stores?

Snio. Apologies wrong store

• Advertisement

Update: found the planning permission. They got it in 2019. Excited for the new store!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

A six month build. Is that quick or what these days? Did they contract German builders lol.

Update: found the planning permission. They got it in 2019

That’s what i thought! But after research they all seem to take 6-7 months for demolition & rebuild.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The one in Blakestown took 6 months, it's probably a standard build as they all look the same inside really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

A company like lidl wouldn't dream of doing a job like this without planning permission.

No they hire Irish engineering firms and construction contractors to do the work.

It wouldn't make sense to ferry over german companies to do the work. They would be unfamiliar with the workings of Irish construction industry and it would be too expensive. And there is just no need.

At the end of the day, they are just fancy steel & timber framed sheds.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

CHAREVILLE, co cork store...........no hanging about there.......i pass it ev day on way to/ from work & have to admit it's been some tempo..... the demolition/ site clearance took 3weeks & they've been at the new build hell for leather since.....i reckon it'll be 'up & running' well inside the 6 month timeframe. Next there moving onto the Mallow store....( which will be a totally different location/ site ) so I imagine they'll have the new store well under way prior to having to close existing shop

Nice! So around 3 weeks for the demolition? No progress to the one here yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Sign at Charleville says it's opening next week. It hasn't even been closed 3 months by my reckoning

Jeez , it's amazing going. Was in mallow yesterday...progress well advanced on new location( next to 4home) .... that store on park Road was never the best

Drove past this morning......opening Fri.28th....... fair play.......looks great ....no hanging around there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

any idea when this lidl is opening? I work in ballycoolin and its handy drive to pick up something for lunch or a shop on the way home

Should be opening end of October

Advertisement