Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shops / businesses not issuing receipts

• 16-04-2022 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I live in Dublin and had to Galway for a couple of nights for work. Work said they’ll pay for all food and drink on procurement of a till receipt.

We went to a chipper and got a feed. We spent €15 each, two of us, so €30 in total.

I said I’d get it as it made no difference seeing as we’d get a refund anyway. The chipper is cash only.

I asked for a receipt after paying and was told they didn’t do receipts. So we won’t be able to get our refund. I checked the website and as it turns out shops are not even legally obligated to offer receipts. Absolute stinker 😤

just my little rant 😖

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/buying-goods/buying-goods/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Easily resolved OP , go back and burn the chipper down.

They won't mess with you again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

What food did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 23 skidoo

He got a pizza with a few toppings, chips, dip and coke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Could they have taken a screenshot/photo of your order if it was input into a till?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Or a picture of the uneaten food and the price list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

You could take a video of your entire transaction, from entering the chipper to paying for and receiving the food. Maybe film from your own perspective, and have someone else film the scene from a neutral perspective and then edit them together. Some drone footage then too of you walking to the chipper, to give a dramatic introduction. Commission someone like Mogwai to do the music - instrumental post-rock that starts off serene and clalm, and builds up into a crushing cresendo. At the end, a dramatic close-up of your face as you're told they don't do receipts, and then in a single shot pull back, showing the chipper, out the window of the chipper, up into the air, as the chipper fades into a dot, up though the clouds, past satellites in space, past the moon, Mars, the astroid belt, on to the gas giants, out past Pluto, the Oort Cloud, etc, until the entire Milky Way is just a dot.

Then put that in for your expenses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Cash only and no receipt?

What was the name of the chipper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

For alcohol drinks? Thought that was phased out. How many units?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Let the Revenue know that they don't issue receipts.

If they are clean they'll be OK, otherwise you are only doing God's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 오이신

Has to be Dundalk with the cash only and no receipts lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I sympathise with OP, I don't believe they have a Chip on their shoulder. I've haddock with all this shenanigans going on.

All Cod ing aside, we're is this Plaice , I think the OP has been taken to be a Pollock.

I've been herring stories like this and it's Cods wallop that a receipt couldn't have been given.

I'd scampi back, batter the door down and demand one, don't let them run onion rings around you. Something very, very fishy going on here. Be determined OP, there might be a Ray of hope in resolving this Codundrum. 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

Whilst they are not obligated to automatically give a receipt, I am near certain that a receipt must be given if requested.

Edit

Just looked it up and it seems that there is no legal requirement for a business to issue a receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I was just goin to post this... i expect you have no problem getting reimbursed this small amount... any problem post their address on here and we call and have a chat...

"i'm goin to make you a promise"

Advertisement