Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to travel to with infants!

• 17-04-2022 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi there,

We have 4 month old twins. I have some leave to take, and my wife on mat leave, so we are thinking we might go somewhere for an extended period of time (4-6 weeks) and get an airbnb or something like that. Wondering if anyone has A) any recommendations on a place thats easy/ convenient to fly to from Ireland with infants and B) any advice for heading away for a trip like this with babies! We plan to go in August, so they would be 8 mnths old by then, are we nuts?? :) We figure we might never get this chance again!

Thanks,

Gerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,141 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Yes, nuts. Looking back now, travelling with very young kids was a nightmare and really not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

Ah no, I wouldn't stay you're nuts. It's is tough though because there's so much stuff to bring and at 8 months old, they've just started eating solids so it's complicated to get appropriate foods that they can eat on the go.

I would recommend a house or air b and b instead of a hotel room. A hotel room is very small for 2 adults and 2 babies plus all the gear that they need.

That being said, it's nice to get away. I've no particular spots to recommend though, sorry. Good luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Do they have passports ? The waiting is now months to get a new passport for a child

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

I traveled to Portugal with one 8 month old and didn't find it particularly difficult. I guess it depends on personality. Portugal is extremely family friendly. The Portuguese love children. And it's a short flight. I'd second getting own door accommodation rather than a hotel room. I have done baby led weaning with both kids so this wasn't an issue abroad. On the trip to Portugal the baby ate lots of fish, bread, potatoes, fresh salads etc. And loved it! I'm not sure on formula as I breast fed but I'm sure you could pack enough powdered stuff or there's very likely to be an almost identical local equivalent. I'd go for it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I did it with a 4 month old and then we did it with a 6 week old ,16 month old ,3 and 5 year old .

I found a mobile home on a nice campsite in France the easiest option and you have your own car .

We also did Lanzarote and Menorca with some of them when they were small and had a great time but only had 1 and 3 for those trips .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Rockapotomus

Thanks Everyone! We are going to go for it, 2 months in Northern Spain, airbnb! Fingers crossed!

Advertisement