Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business car loan. Handy place to get one?

Options
  • 17-04-2022 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a car through my business. My business bank account is revolut, so I've no Irish Bank. Our personal accounts are with EBS so they don't do business loans. For a second hand vehicle the finance deals seem to be about 13.5% so wanting to get something cheaper. I'm only in business for one year, but EBS gave me a mortgage so I think I'd be ok and wouldn't mind being a personal guarantor. I'd like something hassle free where I just send off my documents and not have to take time off work to go in to a bank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Might be worth opening a bank account and trying to get the loan under some business scheme they have going or finance the car with a garage, if you've the cash in the business maybe just buy it.

You should be able to do a lot better than 13.5%, have you looked into BIK, a second hand car will cost the same as a brand new one the same model as BIK doesn't care how much it cost second hand, it's based off the new price.

A fully electric or plug in hybrid will be the cheapest bik rates from January https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058228171/bik-rates-for-2023-careful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Avantmoney are offering loans for 5.9% to existing customers...

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

I'd be checking out the benefit in kind tax first.

If you pay higher rate tax, it will be 40% tax of the figure that is 30% of the price of the car as new

So if you bought a 2010 BMW 5 series, the bik would be about €8,000 a year.

Only time a company car makes sense is if it's 100% electric (no bik in first €50k value) or if you are doing serious business mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Yeah I'm getting an electric one, might sell it to myself when the BIK starts tapering off. I might even buy an electric van. Getting solar panels installed in July so if I was sorted by then I could get the charger as part of the install

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

13.5% is at money lender levels.

usedcarfinance.ie are 8.5% and that's quite high considering ecb is less than 0%.

Credit Unions will be circa 6% and many are willing to give loans to companies once they have a guarantee from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Ah I didn't know credit unions could be an option. Thanks

Advertisement