Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Credit Register - Historical information section

• 18-04-2022 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I was recently refused credit and a mortgage switch due to the historical section of a credit report. I had missed 3 payments on a mortgage back in 2012-2013. At the time I arranged an interest only payment plan and eventually paid the missed payments and the mortgage is now up to date.

I recently applied for credit to resolve an unexpected fire safety levy but was refused. I was also refused a mortgage switch from (3.6% to a 2.2%)

Using Subject Data access requests I discovered the reasons for the refusal was down to the missed payments in 2013. This information was contained in the historical information section of the CCR report that the CIP receives when doing a credit check.

the main issue relates to three fields within the historical section of the report that shows ‘number of payments past due’ , ‘Date of last past payment due’ and ‘last restructure event’ This information will not leave my record until. 5 years after my mortgage is cleared. I also noticed discrepancies in the report where delays in the CIP putting in place arrangements led to incorrect reporting of the past payments due field. Instead to 3 missed payments it reports 12. As a result I will find it difficult obtaining credit.

My question.

Can somebody point me to the specific point in legislation that permits the reporting of the Historical information section on the CCR report and where it specifies the particular fields ‘number of payments past due’ , ‘Date of last past payment due’ and ‘last restructure event’

This historical information section is not shown on a CCR individual request. However the information is there in the individual report in the top section of the loan details. This is summarised in the historical information section in the CIP report received from the CCR. Unlike the ICB Webiste there are no examples of what the CIP sees when they request a report from the CCR. If it wasn’t for the data access requests I would be been unaware of this and would have thought it was just the last 24 month payment history. I can’t find the specific piece of legislation that permits historical section in the credit reporting act 2013 in a CIP request.

Any advice would be welcome

Post edited by JK1000 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JK1000

CIP = credit institution provider or lender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Q&A

A quick Google suggests part 2, Section 8 of the credit reporting act 2013 is what you want

As for an example I also googled and found this

https://www.centralcreditregister.ie/media/1316/sample-credit-report-non-individual.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 18 deedeedee24

Was there any update on this. I had missed payments on mortgage and they showed up in the 'number of payments missed'. I reorganised payments with bank 30 months ago and this cleared the number of missed payments to 0 on my report. You can see them when you go back 30 months but lender will only see back 24 months. So are you saying that they will in fact be on lender's report when they are not on my individual report?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

The lender sees everything on the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 deedeedee24

Everything I see on mine or more... as suggested above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement