Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Umbilical Hernia Surgery

• 18-04-2022 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I finally had my umbilical hernia surgery on the 5th of April after waiting 6 years!

I went in and was told it would be keyhole surgery and came out with open hernia surgery with some complications.

When I was discharged I just received a cert for work and a prescription for ibuprofen... nothing else. I received no aftercare information at all so hoping I'm doing all the right things.

For those of you who had the same operation or a similar one, my question is:

When does that hard white bandage strip come off? This strip is secured with an invisible type of tape all around it and starting to peel a little but is still stuck. There is dried blood on it so it sits on the cut. It was located underneath the outer compression dressing that fell off last week.

Hope someone knows! Thanks all

Advertisement