Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Identity Theft Fear -Terrified My Photo Has Been Used In A Scam

• 18-04-2022 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I received a message from what appeared to be a scammer on social media, they mentioned my photo saying "nice photo", terrified my photo may have been circulated online/used in a scam etc. (The profile photo is an actual "headshot" photo like many people post on social media).

Hope to travel to a few places in Europe later this year. I'm absolutely terrified, if facial recognition is used at airports, I could be detained, questioned and/or accused of a crime(s) I didn't commit with no option/method to prove my photo was stolen.

Not sure if my anxiety is exaggerating the above or what I can do to put my mind at ease - Affecting sleep each night at this stage.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any LinkedIn or Facebook public page would have a picture a scammer could easily use if that's all they needed. I wouldn't worry about it, photo on its own is pretty much worthless.

Advertisement