Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook fake user

Options
  • 18-04-2022 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

My son has been contacted on Facebook messenger by a fake user, it has a picture and I'd of a guy from coronation street. He mentioned where my son works and tells him there will be consequences if he doesn't reply. He rarely uses Facebook, doesnt post anything on it or mention his work. I know there is a possibility it is a prank or someone he knows but the Facebook account seems to have been setup for a few years so would be before he worked in this part time job. He has tried to log it with Facebook but they have still left up this fake account. Is there a way for Facebook to identify the IP address or what is the best thing to do?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This is not the place to seek advice on what could be a criminal matter because of the threatening “consequences” message. If you believe you or your son could be in danger, contact the Gardaí. If you think it’s a prank, just block the account and move on. If you want to take it further, the only avenue you have available to you at the moment is contacting Facebook until you get an answer. Send Facebook’s Trust & Safety Department in Dublin a registered letter with as much information as possible and wait for them to reply.

There is nothing Boards can do to help you with this. Discussion closed.

-Shield

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement