Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Mint Office contacting my fam after emailing them 3 times to remove account and personal data

Options
  • 18-04-2022 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭
    EMar Sounds

Hi,

I recently went on Dublin Mint Office website to check out their Elvis coins for my mom. Unfortunately I didn't do my research before my purchase, there's 100's of people in Ireland after been scammed out of their money this same way. My mom ended up purchasing the first Elvis coins, just as a gift, I set up the account and paid for them, so I entered all the details on the website.

There was no issues with the first coins, they were nicely packaged, only pay for postage. 3 or 4 euro. They started ringing my mom trying to talk her into ordering the next set in that collection, with the "you have no obligation to purchase" story, you can just send them back if you're not interested, I guess she just forgot for a few weeks. She received a letter a few weeks later, that Dublin Mint Office was demanding the money for the coins or they would pass her debt onto a collector.

That's when I started thinking these are scam artists and only care about getting more money out of people. Legally I guess they did nothing wrong by sending out a warning letter, although it's the way they worded it and the fact that many people will not want that kind of hassle in their lives and give them the money to get them off their backs.

Dublin Mint Office are using these very same tactics to make sales, I'm a witness to the calls and letters, we still have the letters. My mom ended up paying for the next set, even after I tried to explain, these people were trying to use fear to get money out of people.

We would have had no problems ordering again if we decided we wanted to add to the collection, which we don't and never did. But it's the way they used their scam tactics to push people into paying up, that's the main reason I won't allow my family to use their services again.

I sent them 3 emails asking them to remove my personal data and that I wanted my account deleted, I also said that I do not want them contacting my family again and don't send any more offers by post, don't contact us, we are done with your service.

So my mom hands me two letters the other day, from Dublin Mint Office, why they are intending on keeping my personal info/data on file, encase any more offers come up in the future that they feel might be of interest to us.

How do you deal with people like that?

I know a good lawyer, but that's taking it a bit far and costly to get a barrister involved.

Post edited by Sounds on

Comments

Advertisement