Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using BOI in England

Options
  • 19-04-2022 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there,

Im going to be moving to England soon and I'm wondering would I be able to be paid into my Irish bank account whilst working over there and withdraw freely whilst I go about obtaining proof of address and all that carry on in order to open a UK bank account. I thought about using monese and a couple others but I'm reading a lot of horror stories so I am reluctant to do so.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Yes, you can contact your employer in England and give them your BIC and IBAN details if you wish for your salary to be paid into your BOI account.

Please see the attached here for using your BOI visa debit card abroad including making withdrawals at the ATM.

Also, please see the attached from our group website when travelling abroad. Travelling Abroad - Bank of Ireland Group Website

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 7 martyhogan

Thanks for the reply.

So If I am paid in gbp it will automatically be transferred into euros when it goes into my account? Also I see there is a 500 limit at ATMs, Is it the same for online payments abroad?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

Use revolut instead. You get an account with IBAN and no fees and it is just way handier in lots of other ways.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 martyhogan

I've read a lot of people having their accounts suspended and having difficulty contacting customer service, not for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Marty,

Yes, when we receive the payment on our end this will be converted to euros.

The limit on ATM's abroad would be dependent on the ATM itself as your maximum card limit would be in relation to BOI ATM's here and international ATM's can have their own daily limit.

If you wish to transfer money abroad online through banking 365 then the limit is 20,000 euro per day.

There is a limit of 1,000 euro for the 1st 48 hours for any new payees and then this will revert to 20k per day after this timeframe.

Thanks,

Declan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

Ya and paying €6 fees per month for the privilage.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

Advertisement