Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing an engine swapped commercial vehicle

Options
  • 19-04-2022 6:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello all..

I am currently living in Australia and knee deep in a build. I have a 2009 Proton Jumbuck but I am swapping out the 1.5 engine for a 1.8 turbo out of a GSR lancer (this was obviously never a factory option).

I am planning on moving back to Ireland at some stage and would love to bring the Jumbuck with me (importing will be VRT exempt as I own the car over 12 months).

It wouldn't be treated as a daily but what are my options in Ireland for:

1. Importing a commercial vehicle with a swapped larger engine. Can it even be done?

2. Am I better to get the engine signed off by an engineer here or am I just going to have to do it again when I get to registering in Ireland?

3. If I do get it signed off by an engineer here will that be accepted in Ireland or will I have to get it signed off again in Ireland?

4. Will it be accepted for a DOE? (Being commercial)

5. Insurance wise how will this effect me? (I have been a named driver in Ireland for the past 10years).

6. Any other things that I'm missing out on?

Thanks for the help guys.. hopefully the jumbuck can live on in Ireland!

Tagged:

Advertisement