Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedroom eaves storage area- what material to cover existing floor?

Options
  • 19-04-2022 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi all, I recently bought a house with a bedroom extension above the original FLAT roof garage, This Bedroom includes 2 large areas at either end in the eaves. Both are accessible through a small door.

I want to use these areas for mainly the storage of boxes . There is existing insulation between the rafters.

My question is I want to put something down on top of the existing floor which is basically the original 'rubber / felt / tar' (not sure exactly the material) of the flat roof garage.

I'm not sure what the best option is. Ive been looking a various underlay, foam, xps products. There are so many for example

eg: https://www.screwfix.ie/c/building-flooring/underlay/cat850024?cm_sp=managedredirect-_-flooring-_-underlay

I have about 9m^2 to cover.

the floor is not fully even so would need something with a bit of flexibility.

Breathability and insulation options would be great

I would need to be able to walk on this floor without damaging the material.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement