Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harbour Heights Passage west Review

Options
  • 19-04-2022 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

I am planning to buy a house in Harbour Heights in Passage west Can anyone give me a honest review about this areas.

Family with one 10 year old child

Comments

Not a resident review I'm afraid but my Goddaughter lives in Harbour Heights, been renting there last few years & loves it....no negatives.

Any time I swing by for a coffee it seems like a decent estate......obviously it's a 'younger' population insofar as there's always kids / bikes etc around the green area. Bit of a hill for walking home from the pub mind🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

If you are buying, find out if it was built before the crash, circa 2007 especially, if it was get the best engineer you can to do a thorough report, we've lived in a house built by the same people but in Maryborough and the wiring was bad, (light switches blowing off walls, live wires left hanging behind sockets/switches, it cost a fortune to get a proper electrician to fix ours and the neighbours all had to do likewise),

cracks (built in 2007) were also a huge issue along with walls were out of plumb all over, we also had door frames covering over switches so they couldn't be removed easily to fix the wiring behind them, just generally in our opinion it felt thrown together.

Mould was a huge issue on walls in spite of vents in those walls/rooms and a dehumidifier running (haven't had mould issues before or after living there in case people want to jump on us for that)

Plumbing, Cork drains were (brilliant) but out constantly to fix issues and after putting a camera down the drains they found the downstairs toilet was plumbed towards the front of the house under the dining area and looped back again towards the back of house drains where it met a 90 degree angle meaning toilet waste constantly backing up every few months or so into that toilets.

a group of us had these issues not just one or two units, and my friend who lives in harbour heights had some but not all of these issues so it seems to be a common problem, i believe there was a thread about the issues elsewhere too.

as for the area, it's a new estates so lots of young families/pre teens but generally quiet, Passage used to be known as a rough area but i personally haven't heard of much trouble there in recent years, a lot of good work is done by good people living there. it's close to the shop too and a greenway which is ideal, traffic on the road into Douglas/Rochestown can be a nightmare in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Waking

I plan to buy a house in newly built houses outside the estate. I hope the problems you write about will not arise.

the houses are being built by O'Brien & O'Flynn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

I would just explain it to your engineer before him doing the report or look for them yourself at snagging and get them fixed if they are there, knowledge is power and all that, just keep a closer eye out for any of these issues, in my opinion it was an issue relating more to the ones built in 2007/2008 rather than modern build issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

You'll probably get more responses from the county Cork forum Jarek. Passage is in the county bounds, not city.

• Advertisement
Advertisement