Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apartments at Rivercourt, Drogheda?

• 19-04-2022 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All, looking to buy an apartment in Drogheda. Have a tight enough budget but want something near Dublin Rd for work. Theres always at least 3/4 apartments for sale at Rivercourt (The Square/Willows) on the Rathmullen Road. Thoughts on this area? Anybody got any idea why people are looking to move away from this area? Is it purely because of the Rathmullen address? Is that really a concern? I've read about possible flooding problems? Any insight or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭positron

I cannot imagine any flooding issues there, they are easily 15-20 meters higher than the ramparts.

I don't know how it is to live there but I do take the Rathmullan road frequently enough to go to the playground, Aura, Oldbridge etc and getting thru town and the Dublin Road - Rathmullan road junction can be a bit of a pain, especially entering Dublin road from Rathmullan road.

The new estate, Oldbridge Manor (?) further up Rathmullan road might / will also increase the traffic volume a bit.

I hope someone who is familiar with / lives in those apartments will chime in for you, but I can't think of any negatives other than these I mentioned. And great view of Boyne if you are on the first floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭gipi

The Rivercourt apartments face the river, so face north - could be quite dark inside. There were a lot of rentals there a few years ago, if that's an issue for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭enricoh

Dated a Lithuanian bird 10 years ago living there. Very dark as previous poster said, build quality wasn't great. Not many paddies living there back then- probably even less now, there was always a bit of an undercurrent about the place. It'd want to be cheap! Never a good sign when there's always gaffs for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 boxgrafik

Appreciate the replies you guys! Food for thought. The darkness inside wouldn't bother me too much, would match my humour & soul.... Just curious as to why there are so many more places for sale there compared to other estates in Drawwda. By the way, ANOTHER one posted for sale today in the same area! Something fishy going on but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for your reply man. Can you expand on the build quality and undercurrent? Is it shady?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Cheap apartments will always have a high turnover, no matter where they are. Rivercourt is no shadier than any other cheap apartment/duplex area in the country and areas like this are always going to have a high rental/migrant ratio.

"Anybody got any idea why people are looking to move away from this area? Is it purely because of the Rathmullen address? Is that really a concern?" - No, maybe you're confusing it with Rathmullen Park? That's a different area and one that's heavily associated with Drogheda's troubles over the last few years.

A quick gander here will give you an idea of current prices in Rivercourt...

https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/website/npsra/PPR/npsra-ppr.nsf/PPR-By-Date&Start=1&Query=(%5Baddress%5D=*Rivercourt*%20OR%20%5Beircode%5D=Rivercourt)%20AND%20%5Bdc_county%5D=Louth&County=Louth&Year=&StartMonth=&EndMonth=&Address=Rivercourt

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

Rented beside them about 16 years ago in the willows, friend was renting in River Court at the time, he was in the lower floor apartment, warm enough from what I recall, but you could hear everything from above and outside. Pretty sure there's break-ins every so often, definitely seen people in the local courts news with addresses there, drug dealing etc. If I was advising a friend or family about purchasing the I'd honestly say avoid.

Advertisement