Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to categorise some of the threads on BA?

Options
  • 20-04-2022 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭

I have no idea where the correct place for this is.. I am guessing it is here, if not, please could somebody move it to the correct place.

I find myself visiting the Bargain Alerts forum less and less. I think it can be narrowed down to what is usually taking up the first page.

The first 4 threads are amazon and argos chat/no chat threads.

After that there are a load of threads discussing how to get cheaper streaming content (legally) using a vpn. So there is How to get cheaper PremierShip/F1/UFC/Liga/Bliga/NFL/NBA/CEV. Prime, Netflix/Getflix, Disney+, Now TV, Youtube, Tidal, DAZN, Apple+ TV, F1TV Pro, Discovery+ and a fair few more.

Vodafone, Gomo, Lycamobile, Three etc..

And so on.

The Lidl, Aldi, Tesco and day to day shopping threads for example, are different as they are every day stuff and change, the others above are pretty much the same all the time.

Some good offers pop up on their own threads, but are quickly relegated to page two or three because of the long continuous threads updating, so many one-off bargains aren't seen as quickly or are missed altogether.

I think there are only two threads (as I type) on the first page, that are for new or individual bargains. All of the rest are long ongoing threads.

Is it possible that some of those could be categorised so that it might be easier for those other bargains to be seen.

'Night.... 😴

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Thanks for that @Suckit - Yes, this is one place where it is appropriate to post such a suggestion. Another place would be Forum Requests, but here gets more traffic, so I’m happy for it to stay here for the eyeballs at the moment.

In principle, I don’t see a problem with it. The current active mods for Bargain Alerts are @Sheep Shagger and @Blade so let’s make them aware of your suggestion and it can go from there.

-Shield.

Advertisement