Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are the Politics Mods such a bunch of insular ****?

Options
  • 20-04-2022 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fasano

There is no debate, just a bunch of posters so far up each other's arses they don't know what day it is.

Why do Boards allow this? Politics has no discussion and it hasn't for a long time. Ancopaildorcha just bans anyone who doesn't agree with the status quo.

It is a joke, he should **** off and set up his own whatsapp group for grumpy lefties.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Have you heard of the “Current Affairs” forum, F? Might be what your after.

Politics is more for frank, and levelheaded, discussion and less about “potshots” and name calling.

Check it out, when you get a chance.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fasano

The politics mods seem to be quite happy with potshots and name calling, as long as they agree with the people taking the potshots and doing the name calling.

There is no "Frank" discussion, it is a group of like minded individuals slapping each other on the back, facilitated by a few mods who know nothing about politics and just join in with the back slapping. Anyone (and I mean anyone) who disagrees is banned.

it is an embarrassment to Boards to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Not gonna lie, I wouldn’t rarely, if ever, venture into “Politics” but not too long ago I saw a user had a thread in “Dispute Resolution” about something getting sanctioned for something they called a ‘lighthearted remark’ in the politics forum. Just seems that it wasn’t the place for it.

Had they posted it in CA nothing would have happened as lighthearted remarks are fine in there, as the are mods give a lot of “leeway” for, more, robust posting. To be honest, it would be great if the moderation was even less involved but don’t think that’s going to happen.

Anyway, if politics isn’t working out for you have a look in CA.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Looks like OP wants to bow out in style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

• Advertisement

You can sign in to my account, OP.

There's no shortage of conservative viewpoints on my end.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

“…and it hasn’t for a long time” says the guy with an account from January 2022.

2 infraction points for the abuse and discussion closed for shouting at the price of petrol.

-Shield

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement