Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you support an assumed liability rule in Ireland?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

JEsus you sure to put some serious effort into trolls. Gotta give you that at least

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

A guy went into the back of me once probably 5kmh. I got a bit of a bump but was fine. I got out to see if he was ok and he is already holding his neck and complaining that it was very sore. The front of his car had its lights all smashed and the number plate hanging off. Not a scratch on mine. A walker came over and laughed at him and said you are in the wrong car for that mate. The look of confusion started me off laughing too. I think he was a new arrival to Ireland and had got his first car. Only reason I can think of for being so stupid. Anyway we swapped insurance details and left. I never heard anything after that. Hope his neck turned out alright.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

JimmyVik - if you think someone is being a troll, report it or ping a mod.

however; since the very reason DT seems to have joined the thread was to counter the 'cyclist deliberately throwing themselves under a truck' argument, i don't see anything actionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭JayPS 2288

I have started a parallel thread in the motors forum seeing if they would accept an assumed liability rule for drivers found to be speeding in the lead up to an accident.

I wish I amalgamated both of these concepts into the one thread and posted it in the commuting and transport forum, but anyhow, here it is.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058243354/would-you-support-an-assumed-liability-rule-for-speeding-drivers/p1?new=1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I doubt that will end well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement