Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Apprenticeship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Corkgal007

@GeneralSherman Interview straight forward enough , usual questions on displaying how you work as part of a team, knowledge of ESB etc. I have no idea how they cut the numbers down or how they decide on who to interview . Looking back at older threads it could be down to geographical position . I did the preparatory course which preps you for the application/interview and the assessment - I found this very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

@Corkgal007 Being selected for interview is largely based off the results of the aptitude tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 murphef

Mine has now changed from "interview" to "regret to inform" email received to confirm this. Taught I was through to interview when had "interview" but wasn't to be.

Anyone hear anything back after interview yet ?

Well done on having a good interview @Corkgal007 ! I only saw girls being interviewed the day I went to Portlaoise, maybe they’re only interviewing women there?

I haven’t heard anything back yet. I don’t know how my interview went though so I’m hoping no news is good news.

• Advertisement

@Sorcha97 Yes they were only interviewing girls that entire week in Portlaoise. I haven't heard anything yet but a friend of mine from Cork had his interview in Cork the week before me and he heard back last week by email that he was unsuccessful . Best of luck to you . Where are you based ?

Thanks. Best of luck to you too, I hope we both get it! :)

I’m based in Westmeath.

Has anyone else heard back?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grootbaas

Haven't heard of anybody that has been successful after the interview phase.

Im told that nothing has changed.

It is still all about being connected and who you know! Very sad indeed...

@Grootbaas do you think its still all about who you know ? hopefully not. I haven't heard of anyone being called for a medial yet . The process is frustratingly slow ! I am constantly checking my profile to see if the status changes from "Interview" to something else . looking up previous threads on this it seems it drags out til mid/late August before people are offered contracts or told no thanks !

Post edited by Corkgal007 on

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dildert123

This year is a bit different then last year.

Ladt year they sent out more emails saying that you've been shortlisted for interviews and stuff i got about 4 last year and none this year.

The interviews seemed to have been earlier this year aswell.

The amount of applications esb get every year is massive and its always a slow process.

Have you applied anywhere else?

• Advertisement

I hope it’s not about who you know!

I’m doing the same, checking my profile everyday. Maybe they’re still on a break for the LC. I hope we get called for a medical in the next month.

I’ve applied to a few independent apprenticeships. Have yea applied anywhere else?

No I'm already a first year so i was hoping that would have a bit of influence on the selection

@Dildert123 How is year 1 going ? were the exams ok ? Was there many girls taken last year compared to boys .

Hopefully they will start calling for medicals soon now that the leaving cert is over .

@Sorcha97 I haven't applied anywhere else . dont know if this was a good idea or not . If I'm unsuccessful I think I will apply for the guards next intake . Dont think I could have done any more in the esb application/assessment or interview .

Got sent a email to do more tests anyone else get this?

@Dildert123 I got that email too! It says on mine that it has to be completed by the 4th of July. I hope that means we’ll know soon!

I got into another apprenticeship but I’m hoping I’ll get the ESB!

I've a feeling these are just to prove that it was you who did them the first time.

If things add up we could be invited for the medical after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Murphy2002

I just got that email aswell, so I'm fairly sure it means you're in so once you don't mess up the aptitude test and pass your medical your good. I know a friend of mine received an email last week saying he was unsuccessful and he did the interview in the Clayton Hotel on Dublin a week after I did mine. So hopefully for anyone that got that email it's good news.

I think so too.

I’ve only been asked to do deductive logical reasoning and spatial reasoning. Have you been asked to do any of the others?

No I've been asked the same and I was talking to lad in the ESB and he's says congrats you are in.

That’s so exciting! Best of luck with the tests!

Has anyone else gotten an email?

• Advertisement

Yeah I've the same tests

So does that mean we don't have to sit them in person?

Think so ye

I better not make a balls of them so!

Just did the re test did anyone else do it how did u find it, I thought it was harder than the first time so hopefully I didn't mess it up.

I’m going to do it at the weekend. I’d say you did okay! It’s just to make sure the initial tests were done by us.

If they're harder I'd say they're expecting us to score lower so it looks legit.

Just finished them they are harder

I thought that alright but I think we should be fine :) hopefully we all get to meet in person in September.

Just did the tests, I found the time limit tough.

On my ESB account it still says "interview", has either of yours changed?

Hope to meet yea in September! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Grootbaas

That is so true. I experienced it first hand with this selection process. It is better not to be associated with a company operates on this basis because if you are a good honest person that is well principled then you will never make it because you are too good for them and they will spot it and hold it against you. You deserve better and it will come to you. Just stay positive !

Advertisement