Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Apprenticeship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grootbaas

Nothing has changed apart from the fact that they use an English crowd to do the selection ‘upon instruction’. I had a good interview but did not get in and I don’t have sour grapes either as I have other options. What grates me is the unfairness because this opportunity is only available for a select few. I bet that nobody on this chat will get it!😭🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dildert123

I failed the interview last year and passed it this year.

Did you get past the interview and failed the other aptitude tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 otsu

@Grootbaas you have yet to provide one bit of evidence that this is the case.

From what I am reading, you didnt do as well in your interview as you thought. Dust your self off and go again next year if this is what you want to pursue.

In my case I dont know anyone working in the ESB and have managed to get by the interview.

Don't dash other people's hope in this thread because you didnt progress.

@otsu congrats on getting through! How did you find the tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 otsu

They felt tougher than the first run but that could be just because there is more on the line.

I think I did better on the deductive logical reasoning assessment than the first time but not as well on the spatial reasoning.

I made a mistake on the second assessment and got bogged down on one question, then suddenly time had run out!

Hoping I did enough but we will see.

Well done on getting through the interview!

If we dont make it we'll have a far better idea of what we need to do for next year anyway so it was still good to go through the process.

• Advertisement

How many of the spatial reasoning tests did you do do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Corkgal007

Congrats @Sorcha97 @Dildert123 @otsu . I still haven't heard anything my interview was at the start of June so im still hopeful .

Hopefully until I hear a no im still in the running.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grootbaas

Congratulations Otsu.

Got a phone call I've to do more tests anybody get one?

Same here, they said they had a technical error.

• Advertisement

Finished them.

Think more time was added or they seemed easier.

Anybody else find them different?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Murphy2002

I got the phone call aswell going to do the tests tonight, hopefully doesn't affect their decision.

I just completed them, I did much worse than the last time. I hope they look at all 3 test scores together.

Honestly I'm pretty sure the second aptitude test is just a formality, I wouldn't be worried about not getting it now, I just did the test and it seemed easier but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ollie231

Hi everyone!

just wondering those of you who done the second aptitude test was it done in person or online? Still waiting on word back from the interview!

@ollie231 they were done online. I’m presuming they’re to cut down on the number of applicants in certain areas? @Corkgal007 didn’t have to do them either so yea might still be in the running!

Thanks Sorcha97 done it on the 27th of may but I suppose no news is good news 👍

Another question was the second test supervised like did yous have to have a camera on your computer? Thanks again everyone 👍

@ollie231 yeah both the camera and mic were recording during the second test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Hi just checking in, my son did the interview in limerick on the 7th June and has heard nothing back yet, they told him at the time he would get an email. Will they contact you if successful or not? He's 2 other places on standby but can't keep them holding on for too long. Best of luck to all involved.

• Advertisement

Last year I heard nothing at all back and others were asked to redo tests and I wasn't, unfortunately I got the rejection email eventually.

I'm really not sure how they do it and this was my own personal experience last year.

If he's happy with the offers he got just tell him to start thinking about those 2 and to focus on them at the moment.

But as i said this was just my experience and I could be completely wrong . @clappyhappy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Thank you very much @Dildert123 appreciate your reply. He would like to know one way or another, he felt the interview went well, was in for 35 mins. I'll talk to him about the other options. Thanks again.

I just got called for the medical anyone else?

@Murphy2002 same here got called

Congrats @Murphy2002 and @Dildert123!

I didn’t get a call but hopefully I’ll hear from them soon

Yeah it took me a while for a phone call for the interview so hopefully you'll hear tomorrow! My status on the application hasn't changed so dont worry about that.

@Sorcha97

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Corkgal007

congrats @Dildert123 & @Murphy2002 . haven’t heard anything yet either but 🙏 . Can i ask where ye r from

@Corkgal007 kilkenny

@Corkgal007 kilkenny aswell.

• Advertisement

Congratz to all who got to the next stage👍But I’m just wondering, has anyone else here done the interview in Sligo? If so did they get any word back from them?

Advertisement