Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW34 Transfer Thread

• 20-04-2022 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Plan is Saka to Mount for Chelseas DGW. It had been for Havertz but not after his benching tonight, was surprised he didnt start. If Rudigers groin injury doesnt clear up could also be tempted to take a -4 to get Alonso. The problem though is the Chelsea defence, 4 conceded tonight and 4 v Brentford doesnt bode well to continue the double up.

Also might take a look to see if there is any value in free hitting this week, have two of them left and they cant be used back to back in 36 & 37

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,192 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Does Saka potentially being on penalties, as well as having a game against West Ham in between their EL games change your stance on selling him?

I was actually thinking about it too, and getting off Arsenal altogether but tonight's goal & result has got me rethinking now again.

I went Saka to Mount.

I can't remember the last time a transfer worked out for me.

Fair warning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭munster87

I also want Mount. Tempted to keep Saka now and get rid of Kulu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah him scoring the pen tonight makes me think twice about doing the move to Mount, the plan was laid after Arsenal lost two in a row but that was a good performance v Chelsea tonight. Mount is in good form though and he has two double GWs (34 & 36) while Chelsea close out the season with a lot of green fixtures. Saka has one DGW in 36 when Im free hitting so could have him back for that anyway.

Part of me would also like to take a punt on Werner but with three 6.0m forwards Id have to take a hit to get him. He is currently the most in form forward in the game though, looks like he has finally found a bit of confidence. I can see him finishing the season strongly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thinking of moving Bowen out for Maddison. Dont have the funds to bring in Havertz or Mount. Currently running 20 points clear at the top of our league with a decent team, I hope :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

I've the 2 FH left too, if use this week gives option of picking either gw36/37 to use, if not it will have to be gw36/38. Chelsea/Man u games left me thinking twice about using this week but having 3 city players will surely be a big boost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Want some Chelsea and only have 1 FT.

Amartey & Maddison or Kulu out

Alonso & Havertz/Mount in.

Think I'd like to keep Maddison but 3 points in the DGW was fairly pants. Have they given up on their season and focusing on Europe instead? I like Kulu too as he's generally involved which negates any Son points who I don't have. Own Kane too.

Alonso feels a better pick than James given where James played last night and Tuchel comments. Alonso higher ceiling but they are pants defensively at the moment. Is Havertz or Mount a better pick, leaning on Havertz as maybe a higher ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭sheriff2

Taking Bowen out for Mount, was thinking of Kane to Werner but not worth the -4. Also considered Ronaldo for short-term but hard to fancy united against Chelsea and Arsenal.

Had a great GW 33, on 93 points with Pope to play (used BB), so finally back into the money positions in my league.

Arsenal having something to play for in the league again is influencing me. Chelsea don't really have much to play for, only solidifying their top 4 place. But they do have the fixtures that look attractive, especially at the end of the season. I think FH 36 & 38 would suit Chelsea players but the FA Cup final is a few days after the 2nd game in 36 so there will be rotation there, in midfield at least. I do see some disgruntled Chelsea fans at the rotation last night & against Brentford though as it weakens the team they say and Tuchel is doing it at the wrong times. So in a long about way, you might be doing it the right way around by having CHE mids now, but lose them for their DGW in 36 while gaining a DGW ARS mid in 36 anyways by using FH.

Maddison is a regret for me. I'm still trying to figure out whether I should -4 to rage Maddison out, or just get Salah in on his own. At Maddison's price point, the CHE mids are the obvious picks really, unless you can get up to Foden? One less fixture but Man City always hammer Watford and the culture points may be on offer even without a start. Possibly a DGW36 too.

If I do just get Salah, it will have to be Son that misses out, because funds, and I own Kane & Kulu also. That makes me need to keep Kulu and Saka was on the chopping board up until last night but now Maddison is the easy makeweight. I want to try give him the benefit of the doubt against Villa but it's Salah up against Everton so I kinda need to do it this week.

• Advertisement

I always look at a DGW as a good time to take a -4 if you're bringing in a DGW player if that makes sense. Will get the extra 2 points (you'd imagine) plus CS, goals, assists if we're lucky.

Never felt confident getting Maddison in, Foden I can get but looking at Havertz for the reason above. Surely he'll start after Lukaku's stinker last night?

Hard to second guess Tuchel and Pep - Havertz a little safer than Foden I think (who I did look at) but the double sways it for me especially with Champions League still on the cards for City.

I'll be captaining Salah at the weekend, could go wild against a crap Everton side.

I'm 0.1 away from doing Havertz, so I would have to do Mount, who I would have less confidence in. His threat from set pieces would be reduced against West Ham who are strong at set pieces and Man United don't concede from them either iirc.

Havertz can exploit the big gaps in both defences, especially with West Ham's injuries at the back, and Man United's Maguire-ness! I would expect him to start both alright, especially after his rest last night and no CL now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I would 100% FH if I had 2. I am really looking at using my last one now.

You have 3 x City at home to Watford who are chasing down that Gosl difference

You have 3 x Liverpool at home to Everton

You have 3 x Chelsea in DGW.

I genuinely think you could break 100 with those 9 players & good captain amongst them

Just catching up on the thread, serious lack of City being mentioned - is everyone already loaded up?

Im either FH to get x 3 or I’ll go -8 to get Alonso + (Mahrez & Werner) or Alonso + (KdB & 6.2m FWD) for Chalobah, Martinelli & Kane - could take out Kulu or Saka and make that a 7-7.5m FWd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Put a WC together. Was looking at

Kane Havertz 4.4

My heart turned it into

Werner Havertz Mount.

Includes dreaded prearranged -4 to switch back presuming i still want Harry. Not 6 games there but enough games you'd think.

Have you 2 FH's @Chesty08 ?

EDIT: Going back through thread I think you've just the 1 like myself.

I did a FH team out (I have 1 left) and it's beautiful. Thinking surely GW36 is probably better to use though.

Ederson (Steele)

Alonso, VVD, Robertson, Cancelo, Schar

Mount, KDB, Salah, Havertz (C)

Saint Maximin

Subs: 3 fodders who won't play. 0.5 ITB.

Tempting.

Like yourself I was pretty frustrated with the Maddison c fail and not captaining Salah. But it seemed the right decision at the time as Maddison had returned in his previous four games and Salah hadnt while Maddison had a double.

I was thinking of rage transferring him too but then I watched the highlights of the Everton game on MOTD last night and he was unlucky not to score, he got a couple of good saves out of Pickford and should have had an assist. I bought him purely for his stack of 9 fixtures in the final 6 game weeks so think Im going to hold him now, anything good Leicester does seems to go through him.

Yeah I think the main value in using a FH this week is it allows 3 City players v Watford which could be a 4 or 5 nil thumping. Id wouldnt find much value in Uniteds double v Ars and Chelsea, maybe Sancho as he was the only one who looked lively vs Liverpool.

Does anyone know what site it is you can input your team for predicted points and then enter a free hit team to compare? And do you need a paid subscription to do it?

Is that your FH team or current team?

I had FH of

DdG

Trent Robbo Laporte Cancelo

KdB Salah Mount Havertz Elanga

Werner

Really tempted to go with that. My GW36 team is pretty much set too , the only thing is I only have 1 City player but will have some moves post this week to start getting them in.

Original plan was FH 37 but it’s becoming less appealing

• Advertisement

It's a FH team I did out this afternoon. I've 1 left and was saving it for GW36/37.

I love the idea of attacking this week though and trying to get a nice team together for GW36/37 with a few transfers.

Otherwise my team is

Ramsdale (Foster)

White, Robertson, Cancelo, Schar (Amartey)

Salah, Kulu, Saka, Maddison (Dewsbury Hall)

Kane, Toney (Weggy)

Current plan is to go for a -4 and get Alonso and Havertz for Amartey and Maddison.

Or a much wilder -8 KDB, Werner, Alonso for Amartey, Maddison, Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Was trying to figure out how to get Salah in this week but would have to sell KDB/Kane and take - 4. Still have 2FH and BB so might use FH this week now, never considered it before coming in here!

You’re options are either 34-36-37 & 38.

You can’t use 36 or 38 if you use 37. How is your team set up for 36/37? What was your original plan.

I genuinely think 34 could have massive variance & you could get a jump on some rivals as a few later transfers could cover off FH’s later towards the end of season. You also run the massive risk of dead rubbers in 38. I just think Liverpool, City & Chelsea are attacking this week and you really couldn’t ask for 3 better teams!!!

The -8 is appealing to me too. However could you rid of Kulu or Saka instead of Maddison?

What would your FH37 team be.. I think we are losing the City/Wolves game to GW36 - which is what my team is setup for so I’ll most likely transfer in another City player by then.

Is 2 City defenders the way to go or Cancelo, KdB & Mahrez the best options if FH this week?

Ill be honest the only thing that is appealing to me on FH37 is that I could be in 2 semi finals in 2 seperate H2H leagues.

Thanks, had a play around with that and a potential FH team and it is predicting an extra 14 points. Given Rudiger is now out for West Ham and James is playing centre back I think I might free hit this week, get Alonso, de Bruyne, Mount and a few others in in and use the 2nd FH in 36 or 37.

Yeah plan was BB in 36 and FH in 37 as 38 can be a lottery. Initial plan was FH in 33 but didn't like the teams so maybe this is my best option alright

Which transfer pairing is a better option do ye think? I'm FH in 36 so this is really 34 & 35 centric.

1) Kane & Kulu -> Werner & Salah (-4)

2) Son & Maddison -> Mount & Salah (-4)

I'm currently leaning towards 2) as it doesn't leave me tied up with money invested in Werner & Weghorst moving forwards and also I would retain 2 Spurs assets in Kane & Kulu moving forwards as opposed to just Son that would happen with 1).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

JWP > Mount done as looks like Mount is rising tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Now the connundrum of who to captain for this week

• Advertisement

Leicester has 2 doubles. 2 home in 36 & 2 aways in 37.

Have a look when the EL matches fall for rotation too.

if FH36 you could always get Maddison back in

Musing my thoughts:

I believe City/Wolves is moving to DGW36

Just had a look and I have a team of DGWer’s for 36.

For 37 I only have 1 DGWer. So is a FH worth it then?

I would be with:

3 x Liv - away to Soton

1 x City - away to WHU (this will be 2 by then)

2 x Che - home to Leicester

2 x Spurs - home to Burnley

Who would I be transferring in with doubles

Villa - yes, Burnley - No, Palace - No, Everton - maybe 1 Richy at a push, Leicester - maybe 1 Maddison at a push depending on EL.

Looking at this I think I will FH in 34. I think with my current players & setup I could easily get 2 of Coutinho, Maddison and Richy at the time for a -4.

2 for me too Fitz. Although I'd be inclined to go Havertz over Mount if you can afford?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

I'd say some injuries will pop up due to heavy schedule and make that decision easier, least you'll have option of FH for one of them, I'd be looking at Palace midfield though for double, someone like Galagher could land big

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The injury to Rudigar is annoying depending on how bad it is I might just play him anyway even if he plays one game he will probably outscore White on my bench.

Looking at getting rid of Weghorst or Borja for Pukki more then likely Borja cause Weghorst has another double.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

Any chance of mount being rested in one of the games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Probably not at this stage with them out of Champions League and FA Cup Final not for a while yet

Palace games both away, but yes Gallagher or Zaha could be nice differentials. So does it become 2 of Coutinho, Maddy & Gallagher/Zaha or do I want 3? That would mean I’d be dropping one of Salah, City mid or Havertz.

You are right on the injury/rotation front. Looking at FH34 I would be changing 5 players, looking at FH37 I could be changing 2/3 which means I could navigate with a few transfers.

Unfortunately not, 0.1 short. But happy to have the Chelsea coverage at the same time. Mount should be a season keeper at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Would it be worth going Harvey Barnes to Mount?

Any other viable route to Mount would need a hit so not sure think 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 43 dermey97

Anything that can improve this?? Free hit x2 left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Hadn't even considered using my fh before looking on here

Only 1 FH left but team was projected to score 51 before FH so think its worth using for an extra 30 points. Any changes I'm missing?

Really should have TAA or Robbo as least. Good team otherwise

Current FH team is

Ederson

TAA, Robbo, Cancelo, Alonso

Salah, KDB, Mount, Kulu

Pukki, Wood

3.9GK, Gelhardt, Amartey, Delph

Would like Werner over Wood but struggling to decide who to downgrade. Might get Gallagher in for Kulu also

Would you be tempted to go Sterling instead of KDB, if on FH?

This is an easy game for City, with the Real Madrid game on the horizon, so there is a bit of scope for resting players in this game. Because of his injury, I'd nearly guarantee you that KDB won't play 90 mins v Watford. He is more likely to start against RM, Leeds, RM IMO.

Sterling has an excellent record against Watford - 9 goals in 9 games overall, and scored in each of his last 6 games against Watford. I think Sterling starts this one, in order to give either KDB, Mahrez or Foden a rest. Mahrez always plays midweeks so I would think he will be rested from the start.

Just don't rate Sterling and hasn't scored in the league for awhile. Would love to get Mahrez in if he looked more nailed on. Tempted to change Robbo/Kulu/Wood to Matip/Havertz/Nacho but going to do more tinkering

Is Ederson gonna get more then 6 - probably not. More upside with Laporte & can use to invest to get Kulu , Wood, Pukki to something more like Werner/Havertz.

Wpuld you consider Elanga with the 2 games? Like Wood just had a double & was pretty poor

Yeah have been tinkering and have the below now with 0.2 ITB

Pope

TAA, Laporte, Cancelo, Alonso

Salah, KDB, Mount, Kulu

Pukki, Werner

3.9GK, Gelhardt, Amartey, Delph

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Unsure on Laporte/Alonso and Mount/Havertz. I'll probably lean towards the latter in both cases.

I'd go Laporte & Havertz myself. I think City have a better chance of a CS this week, and in future GWs. Laporte also has an added set piece threat too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will probably get Mount for either Raph or Kulu. Raph has pens but fixtures are poor after this week while Kulu has been ticking along nicely and Spurs have better fixtures so think I'll ditch Raph.

• Advertisement
Advertisement