Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2022 - Round 4: Emilia Romagna (Imola)

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭TheRona

Oh apologies, I thought quite comfortably would mean over most conditions, rather than when things fall in their favour. Of course there are a few drivers who could beat any other driver if certain things are in their favour, whether it be the track, weather conditions, characteristics of the car or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Outright pace is not the only factor in determining who might win the championship. Racecraft, driving skills and the right mentality are of equal importance. Max, I think, has the edge in these areas - at the moment. Plus, he has the advantage of being the reigning champion and driving for the only team capable of usurping Mercedes dominant position over the past eight years. Now Ferrari are experiencing a renaissance , Merc seems to have lost it's mojo whilst Red Bull remain strong. It should be an intriguing title race. I would not rule Hamilton out at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Max has a bit more experience and he has a season of really hard championship battle last year, which can only stand to him. Leclerc is lacking that kind of experience. I'd expect a more polished performance form Max.

Last weekend, Charles just needed to bring the car home in 3rd and draw a line under it. But he made the mistake that gave Max lots of free points.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I agree that Max is a better driver, but the Redbull so far has shown itself to be far less reliable than the Ferrari. Another DNF from Redbull and Max’s chances diminish substantially.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement