Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Guns

Options
  • 21-04-2022 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Just wondering if anyone has advice on best way to sell a firearm, first one I've wanted to get rid of but just don't use it enough. Better to sell it on a platform like this or just hand it in to RFD and let him try sell it? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

How long is left on your license and do you intend to substitute the license on this firearm onto another or just cancel the license altogether?

I ask because if you're cancelling the license and you've a few months left on it then I'd recommend trying to sell it yourself first, and if it comes close to the expiry of the license and it still hasn't moved then drop it into an RFDs to save yourself renewing the license.

Of course if you are subbing the license onto another gun and want this moved on quick dropping it into an RFD is the quicker and easier way to go as it frees up the license immediately.

If you taking option one, selling it yourself, then stick up a free advert here. Its one of the last few places you can do so, with the clampdown from other social media on firearm sales.

Stick up an advert, with picture/price/county location, and see how you get on.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement