Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension contribution age thresholds

• 21-04-2022 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭

If my employer matches my contribution, does that factor into my Age limit Threshold for contributions?

I'm currently in the 30-39 age bracket, so 20% limit applies. I currently contribute 10%, employer also contributes 10%, if I upped it to 12% and it's doubled to 24% by the employer, does that take me above the tax free threshold? Or is it just my own contribution that counts?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No it doesn't. The income tax relief limits relate to your contribution only.

There is an overall max. funding rate but that's likely to be over 100% of salary.

Advertisement