Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Homogeny against Misogyny: The Late Late Show-Friday 22nd April 2022

12346»

Comments

• I’m laughing at the ones using the term “Long poppy syndrome” whose meaning I googulled… jealousy of someone who rises to prominence 🙄

Do why don’t we have long poppy syndrome with talented broadcasters, journalists etc? Why do we not pass negative comment about those whose success is valid and earned on a combination of talent & dedication?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Looks like I didn't miss much last night! By a strange coincidence I was watching the actual Alan Partridge in Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,030 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Jesus that was a horror show last night 😳 such was the boredom I think at one stage the camera crew dosed off.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Just in case you missed it, Alison has the coil in 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Alisons interview was pre recorded. Strange audio cuts, camera only panned on a few in the audience in the corner (there were a few blondes that weren't actually in the audience later) and when Ryan stood up after the supposed live interview, there was no one on the couch.

Going to the late late in the audience isn't very appealing anymore. Two Norries, Annie Mac, Nina Conti...riveting...

Was it recorded 😳, I didnt realise , that makes it even worse, did no one check how bad it was and maybe think, scrap that 🤔

Just watching TOTP 1996 on BBC and who pops up , Ronan "F*****G" Keating, I was instantly reminded of another infamous horrific LLS moment back in Gaybo's time.

Tubs would have thought this was ground breaking, brilliant stuff.

Apologies all, content is utterly appalling , Ghastly and horrific 😁

• Bryan played that in more recent times much to Shane Lynch’s chagrin. A low point for Turbidity.

Don't you mean , yet another low point for Turbidy 😁 I'm not at all surprised Shane Lynch chargrined, so to speak, imagine not only partaking in that horrific performance but knowing footage of it is out on the world wide Web for all to see , so to speak 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,247 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I met twink once , she had a cake stall at a fair in bushy park , she recognised my sisters dog from a previous visit and left her stall to come out and hug the dog 😂she was lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Well it involves poppies 😝

Seems to be one of those silly things Brits tend to accuse Irish of being, without really knowing the meaning, of like “begrudgery” or “chip on the shoulder”

Better than undeserved slavish praise or bootlicking I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

He not only played it but Lynch had only agreed to come on to the show if the clip wasn't played - breaking an agreement they had. When Lynch complained subsequently that this was bullying, Tubs & Co. attempted to whitewash it all as a jolly jape form the Toy Man. So when the man who preaches kindness breaks his word and bullies someone that's just a joke, but when someone else fails to keep up to Tubs standards they should be cancelled. What Tubs did to Lynch was Trumpian, and very nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Late Late Show Segements 2021/2022: 120

Friends of RTE: 30 (25%)

Sport: 11 (9%)

Music: 11 (9%)

Misery (Illness / death): 27 (23%)

Other: 41 (34%)

*Bonus* Toy Show mention: 11/27 (41%) - lost track of this tbh.

Special Episodes:

1 - Geldof Birthday (463,000 viewers)

2 - Toy Show (1,560,000 viewers)

3 - A song for Europe (455,000 viewers, down 57,000 on the previous week)

4 - Saint Valantines' day special (353,000 viewers)

5 - Marion Keys eulogy (382,000 viewers)

6 - Ukraine fundraising (451,000 viewers)

7 - Ukraine II (403,000 viewers)

8 - Saint Patrick's day (446,000 viewers)

9 - Daffodil day cancer special (419,000 viewers)

Normal Episodes:

01/04 - Pre climb (390,000 viewers)

08/04 - (362,000 viewers)

15/04 - (360,000 viewers)

22/04 - (320,000 viewers) A new low

Low points: Olympic sport segments, Billy Connolly, Mario Rosenstock, Irelands Call, Marion Keys, Late Late Show award to the Ukrainian people, agressive defense vs Jamie-Lee O'Donnell.

High Points: Geldof Birthday, Lyra, Lisa Fallon, Karen Weekes transatlantic rower.

Ryan Tubridy second year in a row: "Better days are ahead, mark my words"

Riffin' Ryan's analysis of "Belfast": "To shake hands with the ghost of your old childhood."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement