Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babysitter age

Options
  • 22-04-2022 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

What is the average age now for a baby sitter to mind a 7 month old? We were given the details for a babysitter but have found old she's 14 which seems very young but maybe this is the norm and I'm not aware of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I've known 14 year olds who grew up in a house of kids who were well able to look after a baby better than some adults.

I also now 14 year olds who can barely make a sandwich.

On paper I'd say 14 is too young. 17/18 is probably as low as I'd go, if I knew the teenager well etc.

It also depends on what hours you want them babysitting for and how far away you will be. There's a massive difference between popping to the local pub 5 mins walk away and going somewhere that's an hour by car away.

Advertisement