Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL arrived

• 22-04-2022 11:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭

2022/23 DHL arrived in the post this morning. NPWS on the ball this year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭tomtucker81

When did you send the application in? Just trying to gauge when to expect mine as last year there was an issue with the post and they resent it to me when I rang wondering was there an issue with the licence.

They said they already sent it weeks ago but resent anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Email sent 28th March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Rescueme0007

Submitted mine and sons via online form just after it was available on the NPWS website, both arrived during the week. Nice and straight forward, but we'd both previously had licences. I'd be curious to know other peoples experiences (last years was very slow for us both) especially those who are first time applicants?

Just got mine this morning. Emailed application on 30th March.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Applied, via e-mail, on April 24th and received the licenses on the 29th.

Quick and painless. Long may it last.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Rick Dalton

First time deer license applicant here (after successfully passing HCAP) with a query as follows, the deer license requires a minimum land area of 100 acres. However it is not clear if the individual parcels must exceed 100 acres or if I can provide say 2 folios from a landowner which combined exceed 100 acres. The landowner who is providing me with the land has 3 / 4 individual parcels combined to make circa 300 acres plus. But if say he has four 75 acre parcels are none of these acceptable because none exceed 100 acres? Or do I simply supply two 75 acre parcels and then combined they exceed 100 acres so all is good?

Any advice welcomed. Many thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You only need to have 100 acres in total. So once you provide enough permissions to total over 100 acres you are good to go.

Just an interesting side bit, there is actually no law that requires you to have 100 acres. None. The problem is if you don't provide 100 acres the NPWS will say you don't have enough "suitable" land. So in effect they are creating their own laws and fforcing them through by claming its for other reasons.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Just to add to what Cass said, I believe if you own the land you don't need 100 acres either.

Which puzzles me as to how ownership or permission makes a difference really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

Because of health reasons I didn't get out last season at all. And I was not going to get apply for a license for this coming season. I had the farmer sign off on my permission letter back in March. I only decided to apply last week, posted off the form and permission letter, and the hunting license arrived today. A very quick turn around.

So I'm good to go if I'm able in September. 😊

Advertisement