Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort of Safe electric cert is required

Options
  • 22-04-2022 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭

133 kWp PV array installed and all client side work work done.

The next stage is the grid connection as its an export array, for which ESB-N have requested certs before they will connect it up.

A CR cert has been issued by the electrician but Safe Electric have told me that it's not a CR cert that is required, its either a AR or a BR but he didn't know which one.

Any thoughts please?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Ask the Rec ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Ask safe electric

I'd say you have problems every job you seem to be a pith reading your posts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

Sorry op I can’t help but there’s really no need this comment Kirk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks MC *2

Safe Elec don't know

RECI doesn't know, his inspector doesn't know.

The first lad in ESB-N I spoke to said that a Type test cert is also required.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Who designed this? Who are they liaising with in ESBn? You need proper liaison on this to make sure ESBn are happy with what is in the NC5 form. You will also need on site ‘witness testing’ AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Yeah, that's an unfair swipe. Calahonda52 is a long-standing member of this forum, has given good advice to many posters and I don't appreciate some blow-in venting off just because he's sat in on a Saturday night. I'll ask you to retract that comment and not be such a cock.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

the idea of this forum is that people are free to ask questions, not get criticized. There are far too many bluffers who pretend to know it all. if you have nothing helpful to add please don’t post.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Well said lads. Calahonda52 has asked for & has given advice on the plumbing forum too. I've never seen him to be rude to someone just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bruthal.

Id hate to be a "blow in", whatever that means.

Advertisement