Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estates in Celbridge

Options
  • 22-04-2022 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

We're looking to buy in Celbridge and need advice on which estates are best for commuting to Dublin. My partner will need to go to Heuston. We know the train is a great option and we were looking at Primrose Gate /Hazelhatch estates but bidding wars have been crazy. We're just wondering if the buses are just as good? It would help us broaden our search. We're looking at Vanessa Lawns at the minute. Any advice? Would you stick to trains or chance buses?

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

The train is definitely much faster. You can do it by bus, loads of people do, but you will definitely have a faster commute by train. I'd test it out before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I commuted from that side of Celbridge by bus for a long time, 67x to Baggot St. The quickest part of the journey would be from when the bus leaves Celbridge to Heuston Station. I'm not sure how the times have changed since they've changed the route to X27\X28. I've moved to the HH side now and moved jobs so the train is better for me.

There is a feeder bus (L59 ?), ample parking and decent cycle track all the way to the station, so these are other options to getting to the train station. The bus and train would be covered by the 90 min fair. Car parking is €9 for 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭2011abc

Celbridge Train station is a loooooong walk from even nearest estate and by modern standards as good as an impossible one from the furthest away eg Raphael’s .And that’s not even taking bad weather into account .The train is prob close to useless for most in Celbridge , some contrast with Leixlip with two stations .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Just in case you were listening to this it's about a 15 min walk from Primrose Gate / Hazelhatch Park. Most of the rest of the town is now served by the L59 bus every half an hour and if that doesn't suit parking at the station is €9 a week / €30 a month / €360 a year. Between the new bus and the direct service to Connolly / Pearse the improvements to the train service for Celbridge are fantastic so definitely don't knock it til you try it.

The L59 -> train -> Luas/Dart/Bus combo also falls under the 90 minute fare of €2.30 so you should be able to get from anywhere in Celbridge to basically anywhere in Dublin for that fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I don't find this . In the mornings I have tried catching the 6:40 X27 from Primrose and you are at Heuston by 07:20 or so , just for fun I tried the L59 / train I left at 06:30 and I was in Heuston at 07:20 also , if you were going to Dromcondra there is a train 10 mins earlier so it's quicker.

Coming home I catch the 16:40 Waterford train , into Hazelhatch at 16:49 ( yes 9 mins ) and back to the Celbridge House pub ( or whatever its called ) by 17:00 or so using Sharon Birchall's free shuttle bus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement