Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to see who likes your posts

Options
  • 22-04-2022 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Not the most pressing of site issues of course but is there a way to see this on iOS on the website phone version?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Id like to know too?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I can see them on iPad but not iPhone!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You can on the desktop site, not on mobile.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I don't think there's a way to do it on the iOS phone version of the site. On iPad iOS, if you hold your finger on the Thanks button, you should see a little pop-up showing the names of the people who 'thanked' but you'll have to close a Permissions screen first. Ideally, that Permissions screen is supposed to be a screen show the name of those who 'thanked' but it isn't working.

On the desktop version of the site, if you hover your mouse over the 'Thanks' button, you should see a pop-up appear showing the names of those who 'thanked' your post, but there's a limit on the number that can be shown. I think the limit is something like 8 or 9.

I don't think this is very high on the list of things to fix at the moment, but it is something that is known about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod: Off-topic posts deleted. Please keep this thread on topic. Thanks.

-Shield

• Advertisement

Yes, this seems to be the case on the mobile site only. Desktop and iOS work fine. I am not 100% sure if @Boards.ie: Niamh knows about the error being this easy to replicate, so hopefully she'll get around to passing it on for investigation soon.

Niamh, please see attached picture below. In the example shown here, (with screenshot attached for reference), you can see that user "colm_mcm" has been 'thanked' 38 times for that post, but if you hover your mouse over the 'Thanks' button, you will only be shown the names of 10 users who clicked the 'Thanks' button. Am I right in guessing the other 28 are missing via a scrollbar or something?

Thanks to everyone who reported it.

-Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That's been reported on and off since the very beginning, but to the best of my knowledge has never been explained or addressed.

The number of thanks you can see seems to be dependent on the size of the post that's being thanked! (ie the deeper the text box, the more thanks will show)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Am I right in guessing the other 28 are missing via a scrollbar or something?

Not exactly. The HTTP call that populates that list only ever returns ten, so the full list is not available to be displayed.

For anyone on desktop, the extension in my sig does display the (almost*) full list under posts, similar to the old Boards site:

* Will show a maximum of 100 thankers

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Yes. That’s correct. Unless we had a display counter, it would look no different to 10 ‘thanked’ users. I’m wondering if your extension is able to see/count people who have ‘thanked’ the post but have their profile set to private?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

It does, e.g. user Atlantic Dawn shows up on my thanks list for the post you shared above, and their profile is private.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
Advertisement