Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Desperate Parcel Deliverers

Options
  • 23-04-2022 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Away for a few days and when I get text re DPD delivery I immediately change to depot delivery. Got text back confirming this and a pick up code. On arrival back home the depot don't have the delivery. Transpires that driver left it in green bin which my neighbour put out for collection with parcel in it.

DPD customer service was v poor, couldn't explain why wasn't dropped at depot, why left in bin and then that I had to do the donkey work re contacting retailer for refund. Looked for call back from supervisor ....still waiting.

They obviously have an issue with their IT system, drivers and also customer service. Beware of retailers who use DPD and the company itself. Tell me this was a once off occurence? Any other experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

To be honest, I look for retailers using DPD as they're by far the best we've come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'd get several deliveries per day from different courier companies. I don't believe I've ever had any issues with DPD. I think that you were just unlucky

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

our DPD guy is so reliable and friendly my wife bought him an easter egg.

it's the second time she's bought him one, she did so at easter last year too but then realised she'd not actually ordered anything so had to eat that egg herself. she didn't repeat that mistake this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Their "reschedule delivery" option has only ever worked for me once in about 20 times I've tried it. Very frustrating. However I love their time specificity, most other couriers tell you the day, or nothing where are dpd give a two hour window.

I use DPD on a once a week basis.......over the years & right through the pandemic I never had an issue....... in fact, I've been on trustpilot & have no qualms about giving them a 5 out of 5 star review

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I use DPDparcelwizard to mark those days that I am not going to be able to take a delivery from DPD in and it always works fine.

It is delivered as per my requests that I make there.

And my local DPD guy is always great, shows up when the forecast tells me he will and is always friendly.

I think it also depends on your local franchise (depot).

When I lived in Dublin, I had nothing but trouble once they merged 2 depots and the good one went out of business. Where I now live, no issues so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Of all the courier companies, DPD would be the one I've least problems with. However a bad driver for a specific area can screw that up for everyone they "serve"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Buffman

I have to agree that DPD are one of the better ones in my experience. I've used both the 'reschedule delivery day' and 'collect from depot' options with no issues. I will never understand why anyone leaves stuff that's not for dumping in bins, it's only asking for trouble.

OP, if something like that ever happens again, don't bother with the hassle of contacting the courier. Just get onto the retailer saying you never received the item and let them do the chasing around. At the end of the day, the courier works for them so it's their problem, not yours.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Can't fault DPD, Fastway is another story altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

Same for me, although to be fair I don't get many deliveries and I only tried to reschedule once. However it was rather annoying to request delivery on a different day, get a text from DPD confirming the delivery would be for the requested day only for DPD then to deliver on the original day when there was no one in the house - luckily a neighbour obliged by taking package in from our porch and holding it until we get back. And no follow up from DPD to apologise for not delivering on the requested day - I think they probably had no clue that they had not done this, I'd say their rescheduling system is not actually linked in with their drivers.

Other than this DPD have been fine, they generally deliver when they say they will. But I won't be relying on their rescheduling system in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

And do your children look like the DPD driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Given all the positive feedback here my experience was obviously a once off. Having said that their customer service in dealing with this was very poor, still no call back received.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Shuffl_in

DPD have been fairly good for me. In saying that our current DPD driver just leaves the package at the front door without knocking or ringing the bell. In clear sight of a busy enough road/street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Let the seller deal with them. They have the contract with them, not you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Reschedule option has never worked for me either, despite many attempts. They didn't seem overly interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

They delivered the parcel to your house, presumably put it the wheelie bin as that is what had been done before.

Your neighbour put the bin out and parcel got dumped.

They did what they were tasked to do, deliver your parcel.

Yes you requested a depot collection but again I guess the driver had it in the van and decided deliver to usual place.

I am not sure how the retailer will be liable for a delivered parcel?

Sh1t happens and its easy to see how the driver decided to just deliver the parcel to the usual spot without really checking anything.

Dumping a parcel in a bin is not delivering.

But anyway, its the sender/seller who needs to take up the non completion of their contract / loss of item with DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

How is it not delivering?

That frequently happens here, note in letterbox to say parcel in bin.

The alternative for me would be a protracted trip to the depot.

If leaving it in the bin has been the long term arrangement then that's not dumping.

That's like asking me how left isn't right. It wasn't delivered, it was put in a bin vaguely near where it was meant to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Within 10 minutes of getting text re: delivery later in the day I used their option to deliver to depot. I then then got a confirmation text to say this:

You have successfully rescheduled your delivery. We will advise you when your parcel is ready for collection from your preferred Pickup Point.

Then I got this text:

Your parcel no 865945739 is ready for collection at your preferred Pickup Point: xxxxxx Your Pickup PIN is 1962 - you'll need this to collect your parcel.

So when I qent to collect it was not there and later learned about the wheelie bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭anonanymore

Lazy DPD delivery driver. Left items at entrance. 36M from and out of sight of the house, but in sight of the road. It was raining so he probably didn't want to get wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Never had a problem with DPD. MY DPD driver is very friendly. Fastway on the other hand are a joke.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Similar happened to me last week - was expecting a parcel delivery, got a text to say when it would be delivered. I was home all day (car in the driveway, windows open!) yet the delivery was just left on my doorstep, without a knock or ringing the bell.

I only found it a couple of hours later, (checked time on my camera) but like your story, it was in full view of the road during that time and anyone could have taken it.

I was disappointed and slightly annoyed, because DPD are usually great, it could be down to a new driver.

If it was Fastway I wouldn't have been surprised, they are the pits.

Post edited by Ezeoul on

Advertisement