Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 430d Gran Coupe (F36) Air Con problem

Options
  • 23-04-2022 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

wondering if anyone has experience of problems with air con/climate control with this model (or other models that may shared the same system)?

Issue: The systems delivers warm air at all settings above 16C.

16C delivers cool air but eventually gets to cold when the only option is to turn the system off until it gets too warm, then rinse & repeat!

The car is a 142 reg.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Refrigerant is gone? May need to be recharged.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SimpleDimple

I say you need it regassed, also might have a leak in the system. The newer refrigerant leaks easier that the 134A did apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭mikeecho

You can get DIY solutions from Halfords, but from my own personal experience, just go to a professional, get it pressure tested, and when they do refill the gas, make sure they put in a UV dye.

I've been down the Halfords DIY route.. take it from me, use a professional.

Edit... With BMTroubleU's it's my understanding that when the gas drops by 10%, the a/c system goes into a limp type mode.

Or so my BMW guy tells me.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

I know the E60 and e63/64 had a weird quirk where the AC would not blow cold unless cold air was selected from the setting in the idrive climate control menu. Maybe your car is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Whocare

I use halford DIY air con regas on two different car last year and it still works perfect one tin of gas did two car was less than €100 all in so was good result. Just to put a bit of balance to topic halford gas will work if just bit low on gas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 joeblackdog

Thanks guys - I'll check with my local mechanic and take it from there - Will try to make point of updating here when I have an outcome...🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭kdevitt

If its able to deliver cold air, then I doubt its a condenser or receiver drier issue. Your gas shouldn't ever need topping up unless the system has developed a leak - although the seals can dry out if the aircon isn't used for a while. That said, if its actually getting too cold, I doubt its low on gas?

Presume you have the vent turned to the correct setting?

Post edited by kdevitt on

Advertisement